Standard Job Post
Sponsored Job Post
Contact for quote.
Standard CV Database Search
C$125.00 /recruiter /mo.*
Professional CV Database Search
C$250.00 /recruiter /mo.*
*A 20% discount is available with an annual purchase.
Indeed is one of the largest and most visited job sites in the world. The site attracts over 300 million unique visitors every month and offers built-in skills assessments and "deal-breaker" questions that employers can add to job posts. "Deal-breakers" are mandatory requirements for the job and help to weed out unsuitable candidates.
One of the key features of the platform is the free job posting option. However, these job posts are quickly replaced and can easily lose visibility. Worth noting is that Indeed has received mixed reviews online, although it is still used by millions of employers and job seekers around the world and remains a top recruitment resource in Canada.
- The website features a dedicated Canadian portal for local hiring.
- Indeed's price-per-application (PPA) pricing model ensures that you only pay for applications that meet your minimum criteria.
- The site features built-in skills assessments to assist with candidate screening.
- Indeed offers integration with companies' career pages.
- The employer dashboard includes candidate and job management tools.
- The platform features an extensive database of over 200 million resumes.
- Indeed receives more website traffic than local platforms such as Job Bank and CanadaJobs.com.
- The platform is more affordable than competitors such as Jobs.ca and ZipRecruiter.
- The website is available in French.
- There are Android and iOS mobile apps.
- Clients must purchase a monthly subscription to access the resume database.
- The free job posts lose visibility as newer jobs are added to the site.
- Indeed does not offer email support.
Indeed is known for being the first place many companies go to post vacancies, but reviews of the company are mixed. Indeed has a 2.7-star rating on Trustpilot, a 3.5-star rating on ConsumerAffairs, and a 2.9-star rating on Sitejabber. Indeed is, however, accredited by the Better Business Bureau, which has awarded the company an A+ rating.
How to Post a Job on Indeed:
- Navigate to the Indeed employer page and click on "Post a job."
- Sign in or create a new account.
- Follow the prompts to fill in information about your business and the job posting.
- Add a job description.
- Set your application preferences.
- Choose whether you want to post your job for free or sponsor your post for added visibility.
Indeed vs. Job Bank:
Job Bank is the Canadian government’s official job board. Like Indeed, it offers free job posting. However, the platform does not include paid boosting options to increase exposure, whereas Indeed offers flexible job sponsoring options. Both platforms help businesses connect with a large pool of local candidates, but only Indeed has a global reach.
Indeed vs. Talent.com:
Both Talent.com and Indeed are popular global search engines. While Talent.com offers employers exposure across their network of over 1,000 partner job boards, the platform only aggregates job posts from career sites. By contrast, Indeed allows for direct job postings in addition to job aggregation. Between the two, only Talent.com lacks a resume database.
Indeed vs. LinkedIn:
LinkedIn is one of the world’s leading professional social networking sites. Like Indeed, it offers free and paid options, including a pay-per-click model. However, the Canadian portal on Indeed received significantly more traffic than that of LinkedIn. Our in-depth comparison offers a more detailed look at the two platforms.