The SimplyHired Canada website is powered by Indeed and users wanting to post on the platform are redirected to Indeed from where they can either publish a free job posting or pay for a sponsored listing.
To help you decide how much to spend, an estimator tool will give you an idea of how many applications you can expect. The higher your budget, the more applications you will attract.
SimplyHired is a general, international job aggregator and search site. SimplyHired Canada is a country-specific version of the global brand and is powered by Indeed. Users can post their listings to the site via Indeed. Job ads are then distributed across a network of job boards, including popular Canadian sites such as Kijiji.
SimplyHired offers some great features, such as job description tools, a salary estimator, and a message board. While the Canadian site is also very affordable and easy to use, local sites like Job Bank and Eluta.ca are equally affordable but offer greater reach within the country.
- The website is available in English and French.
- Job postings are distributed across a network of job boards, including the popular Canadian site Kijiji.
- SimplyHired assists with crafting effective job descriptions.
- The site offers applicant tracking and management services.
- Other convenient features include interview scheduling and assessment services.
- SimplyHired does not require a contract.
- The site collects postings from third-party sites and shares them.
- Top companies that use SimplyHired in Canada include Canada Post, Tim Hortons, Air Canada, and the Canadian government.
- SimplyHired does not feature localized sources for employers like the popular, government-operated employment portal Job Bank.
- SimplyHired has received many negative customer reviews. These are, however, mostly from U.S. users and are not specific to SimplyHired's Canadian platform.
- The site does not offer locally-based or location-specific customer support.
- Being powered by Indeed, the site essentially offers the same benefits and employers might as well go straight to Indeed.
On Trustpilot, SimplyHired has 91 customer reviews, the majority of which are from U.S.-based users, and an average rating of 1.3 out of 5 stars. Many of the customer complaints seem to focus on a lack of customer support.
How to Post a Job on SimplyHired:
Seven easy steps for posting a job on SimplyHired's Canadian portal.
Posting a job on SimplyHired.
Navigate to the SimplyHired website.
From the SimplyHired home page, click on "Post Jobs" in the top right corner of the page.
Click "Post jobs FREE."
In the center of the page, click on the orange "Post jobs FREE" button.
Create an employer account.
You will be redirected to Indeed. Select "Employer" and sign in using a social login or sign up using your email address.
Complete the online forms.
You will be prompted to enter your company information and details about the job you want to advertise. You can also refine application settings and set up automated skills assessments. Click "Continue" after completing each section.
Preview your job ad.
Next, you can view what your job post will look like when viewed on a desktop and on a mobile device. Check it for accuracy and click "Edit" in the top right corner of a given section to make any adjustments.
When you're happy with your job post, click "Continue" at the bottom of the page.
Set a budget.
You can choose to sponsor your job for increased visibility by setting a daily budget and clicking "Save and continue.," following which you will need to complete your billing information. If you don't want to sponsor your ad, simply click "Don't optimize my job" at the bottom of the page and submit your job post.
Verify your identity.
You will be prompted to provide proof of your identity. Click the "Verify with manual input" link to manually enter the information required for the verification process and follow the prompts.
SimplyHired vs. Indeed:
SimplyHired and Indeed are partners and will often feature the same job vacancies. They are both general and global job boards, but Indeed attracts far more traffic from Canada than SimplyHired. Since SimplyHired is essentially run by Indeed, users might as well create an account and post on Indeed directly.
SimplyHired vs. Eluta.ca:
Eluta.ca and SimplyHired's Canadian website are both job aggregators directed at the Canadian market, and offer free and paid posting options. However, only SimplyHired is available in both English and French. It also offers tools and resources that Eluta.ca doesn't, such as a salary estimator and company pages with reviews.
SimplyHired vs. Workopolis:
SimplyHired and Workopolis are both job aggregators, have similar features, and are both partnered with Indeed. A major difference between the two is their popularity in the local market. While SimplyHired's Canadian page is a regional version of the U.S. website, Workopolis is a homegrown Canadian brand and is better known in the local market.
Are Indeed and SimplyHired the same?
In 2016, Recruit Holdings, the Japan-based group that owns Indeed.com, acquired SimplyHired, but the platform still operates as a separate job search destination.
Is SimplyHired a legit site?
Yes, SimplyHired is a legitimate job aggregator and search page that is owned by Recruit Holdings, which also owns Indeed.
How can I create a SimplyHired account?
- Visit simplyhired.ca.
- Click on "Sign in / Create account" in the top-right corner of the page.
- You can use social login (either Facebook or Google) to register with SimplyHired.