From US$24.00 /day.
4-day free trial.
Distribution to other platforms
Searchable resume database
Phone, email, and live chat.
ZipRecruiter is a popular job board that attracts millions of job seekers every month, has a resume database and candidate matching, offers a free trial, and is used by large local companies including Scotiabank and Royal Bank of Canada, as well as foreign companies such as Jimmy Choo, Care.com, Starbucks, and Uber, to hire people in Canada.
Some employers have complained about service delivery and billing issues, but ZipRecruiter enjoys high ratings on review sites. Companies in Canada should consider ZipRecruiter for its global and international reach, candidate matching features, and ease of use. Be mindful of how its plans work when using the free trial.
- Job posts are shared with over 100 sites.
- The platform has candidate matching features.
- Employers can manage applicants from their dashboard.
- ZipRecruiter attracts over 30 million job seekers a month.
- Access to a resume database of more than 25 million resumes is available.
- The four-day free trial allows employers to post as many jobs as they want.
- 24/7 Support is offered via phone, email, and live chat.
- Screening questions can be added to job posts.
- The job board lists over 190,000 Canadian-based jobs.
- The site is better than Job Bank and Jobs.ca for reaching a global audience.
- ZipRecruiter doesn't use its considerable social media following to share job posts.
- After the free trial has ended, individual basic and premium job posts are billed per day, per active job.
- You can only post one job per location with the day-to-day option and Starter Plan.
- The candidate matching feature is only available on the most expensive plan.
- Access to the resume database is only available on the Premium and Pro plans.
- Applicant tracking is only available through integration with other software.
- Pricing is not offered in Canadian dollars.
- Workopolis, Job Bank, and Jobs.ca post ads in both English and French.
ZipRecruiter has high ratings on software review sites. It has a 5.7 out of 10 on TrustRadius, 4.5 out of 5 on Trustpilot, and 4.6 out of 5 on Sitejabber, respectively. ZipRecruiter has a Better Business Bureau rating of A+.
However, the job board also has 194 Better Business Bureau complaints brought against it over the last three years. These include issues with billing and service delivery.
Basic Job Post
Premium Job Post
Professional Job Post
*Plans include a 30-day reusable job slot (one job per location).
**The Premium and Pro plans allow you to post multiple jobs under different job titles, or post in different geographical regions to cast a wider net. Job posts are placed in a prime position on ZipRecruiter as well as 100+ other job boards, receiving twice as many candidates as the Standard Plan.
How to Post a Job on ZipRecruiter:
- Navigate to the ZipRecruiter home page and select "Post a Job" at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the number of employees your business has and click on the "Post Jobs for Free" button.
- List your company name, how many jobs you need filled, and what your hiring needs are.
- Enter the job title, location, and employment type. You will also need to write a job description and furnish a few other details about the position.
- Choose a price plan for your job post and enter your credit card details.
- Click on "Post My Job Now."
ZipRecruiter vs. Indeed:
Like ZipRecruiter, Indeed has a large following and receives extensive traffic in Canada. Indeed offers both free and paid job postings, while ZipRecruiter's packages start at US$399.00. Both sites are great choices for reaching a wide pool of candidates based in Canada and offer features such as resume database searches and candidate screening.
ZipRecruiter vs. Job Bank:
Job Bank is a purely local job board, its services only being made available to Canada-based employers and job seekers. It reaches five million job seekers a month and is free to use, so for hiring locally, it is a great option. ZipRecruiter is more costly but offers more detailed applicant tracking features and international reach.
ZipRecruiter vs. Jobs.ca:
Jobs.ca lacks many of the features ZipRecruiter offers and is not inexpensive. That said, Jobs.ca offers employers access to a very specific, well-defined target audience through its range of niche sites. All job ads are in English and French, too. ZipRecruiter is less targeted but reaches more people globally.