Job Bank allows employers to post positions for free. It does not offer a paid or sponsored tier.
Job Bank is the job site of Canada’s national employment service and is free to use. The site is available in English and French, and provides an array of useful resources and tools for Canadian job seekers and employers, including a handy mobile app. Its services are not available to international job seekers.
- It is completely free to post jobs.
- A mobile app adds on-the-go convenience.
- Employers receive a list of potential candidates that match their job posts.
- The site attracts more than eight million job posting views per month.
- A wide array of useful, free content and features are available to job seekers and employers.
- There is no option to promote listings, such as sponsored job ads.
- Services are only available to Canadian employers and job seekers.
While we could not find many reviews of the Job Bank job portal, there are some general, neutral comments regarding the platform on Reddit as well as mixed feedback pertaining to the usefulness and user-friendliness of the site. The Job Bank mobile app also received mixed reviews on Google Play.
How to Post a Job on Job Bank:
Five easy steps for posting a job on Job Bank.
Posting a Job on Job Bank.
Click on "Post a job" in the "Hiring" menu.
Navigate to the Job Bank home page, select "Hiring" in the menu bar, and open the drop-down menu. Click on "Post a job."
Sign in or create an account.
Sign in if you already have a Job Bank user account, otherwise create one by selecting "Sign up now!"
Click on "Sign up now!"
Read the instructions and ensure you have all the information you will need as outlined in the instructions before selecting "Proceed."
Enter your details and follow the prompts.
Create an employer file.
Once your user account has been activated, navigate to your account dashboard and click on "Register a new employer." Follow the prompts.
Create your job post.
Once your employer file has been created, you can start creating and posting jobs. Select "Create New Job Posting" in your account dashboard and follow the prompts, entering the job details and customizing the application process.
Post your job ad.
Once you've finished creating your job listing, ensure that all the information is correct and click on "Save and advertise."
Allow two business days for your job posting to be approved and become live.
Job Bank vs. Eluta.ca:
Eluta.ca is easier to use than Job Bank as the job search engine actively aggregates job posts from employer websites. Job Bank, by comparison, requires users to create user accounts and verifies their identities before a job can be posted. While Job Bank offers a wide range of resources—which Eluta.ca does not—Eluta.ca offers sponsored job ads.
Job Bank vs. Jobillico:
Jobillico is a popular Canadian recruitment platform that counts Job Bank to its network of partner sites. Unlike Jobillico, Job Bank does not share job listings to partner sites. Both platforms feature informative resources and suggest potential candidates based on employers' job postings, but only Jobillico offers an applicant management system.
Job Bank vs. CareerBuilder:
Both CareerBuilder and Job Bank are general job boards that cater to the Canadian market and are both available in English and French. However, unlike Job Bank, which is limited to Canada, CareerBuilder has an international reach. Job Bank's services, on the other hand, are completely free, while CareerBuilder only offers paid plans.
Government of Canada
Jan. 01, 1996
219 Laurier Ave. W., Ottawa, ON K1P 5J6
Number of Employees
What is Job Bank?
Job Bank is an online job posting platform that is operated by the Canadian government. Businesses can use Job Bank to source suitable candidates for vacancies at their organization.
How much does it cost to post a job on Job Bank?
Job Bank is completely free to use.
How can I create a Job Bank account?
- Navigate to https://www.jobbank.gc.ca.
- Go to "Hiring" in the menu bar.
- Select "Post a Job" in the drop-down menu.
- Click on "Sign up Now!"
- After reading the instructions on the next page, click on "Proceed."
- From there you'll need to enter a username, password, and your business payroll number to authenticate your account.
- Next, you must register your business.
- The information you supplied to create a Job Bank for Employers Account will be reviewed and processed within a week.
How can I edit my Job Bank job posting?
- Log in to Job Bank for employers.
- From your dashboard, click on the checkbox beside the job you would like to edit.
- Click on the “Edit” button above the list of job postings.
- Edit your job posting and proceed to preview.
- Click on the “Save and Advertise” button in the bottom right corner of the page.
How can I delete my Job Bank job posting?
- Sign in to your Job Bank for Employers Account.
- From your dashboard, select "Delete" beside the job you would like to remove.
Does Job Bank assist employers with recruitment processes?
Yes, Job Bank has comprehensive recruitment information for employers.
Does Job Bank promote my job posts on social media?
No, Job Bank does not assist with promoting job posts on other platforms besides its website and selected external job boards.
Does my job post appear immediately on Job Bank?
No, your job post will have to be approved by Job Bank before being published on the website. This process can take up to two days.
Does Job Bank offer employers any assistance with the interview process?
No, the employer will be responsible for interviewing candidates.