Student or Graduate Job for Employers in Any Region
Single Job Post (30 Days) for Employers in QC, MB, SK, AB, BC, YK, NWT, and NT*
Single Job Post (30 Days) for Employers in Ontario
Single Job Post (30 Days) for Employers in NB, NL, NS, and PEI*
Nonprofits and Academic Institutions
Contact for quote.
An Organization Outside of Canada Posting an International Job
Contact for quote.
Urgent Job Posting Upgrade - Employers in QC, MB, SK, AB, BC, YK, NWT, and NT*
Featured Job & Employer Upgrade - Employers in QC, MB, SK, AB, BC, YK, NWT, and NT*
Urgent Job Posting Upgrade - Employers in Ontario
Featured Job & Employer Upgrade - Employers in Ontario
Urgent Job Posting - Employers in NB, NL, NS, and PEI*
Featured Job & Employer - Employers in NB, NL, NS, and PEI*
*QC, MB, SK, AB, BC, YK, and NWT or NT: Québec, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon, and Northwest Territories.
*NB, NL, NS, and PEI: New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island.
Careers in Planning is a niche job board that connects employers with town planning and regulation professionals throughout Canada. The site provides members with a range of industry-related resources, such as annual reports, articles, and planner profiles.
Although Careers in Planning has a higher price point than other top planning job boards, it offers employers access to a highly defined audience. The site also features a variety of recruitment services, including social media promotion, email advertising, and an extensive resume database.
- The job board allows employers to post full-time, part-time, and temporary positions across Canada.
- The site offers several job posting packages priced according to Canadian regions.
- The site lets employers post student and graduate jobs for free.
- Jobs are shared to the site's social media channels, including Twitter and Facebook.
- The site lets employers post jobs outside of Canada.
- The site offers employers access to a resume database of professional planning job seekers.
- The platform displays job postings for 30 days.
- Employers can opt to have their job post pinned to the top of the site's job listings page.
- Jobs are sent to candidates via email alerts.
- The site does not offer candidate management tools or an applicant tracking system.
- Only certain sections of the site are available in French.
- The platform is expensive compared to competitors such as Job Bank and Kijiji.
We were unable to find any online reviews of Careers in Planning.
How to Post a Job on Careers in Planning:
Five easy steps for posting a job on Careers in Planning.
Posting a Job on Careers in Planning.
Click "POST A JOB/RFP."
On the home page, click "POST A JOB/RFP" on the top menu bar.
Select a job posting package.
Scroll down and choose your region's job posting option. Then, click "Post Job" next to the package.
Fill out the job posting form.
Add information such as the job title, job location, description, and compensation. Once you're done, click "Preview Job."
You also have the option to enhance your job post by ticking the box next to the available upgrades.
Review your job post.
Read through your job post to ensure all the information you've provided is accurate. Then, click "Payment."
You also have the option to go back and change your job post by clicking "Edit."
Fill out the online billing form.
Provide your payment information, and click "Process Payment" to pay for your job post.
If you're posting a student or recent graduate job, enter the coupon code "STUDENT" and click "Apply Code."
Your job post will then go live.
Careers in Planning vs. Job Bank:
As Canada's national employment service, Job Bank advertises jobs for a range of industries, including planning. While Job Bank posts jobs for free, Careers in Planning's paid plans start from C$813.75 for a single job post. The latter might be more expensive, but offers employers access to a highly specialized group of professionals.
Careers in Planning vs. Kijiji:
While Careers in Planning and Kijiji both serve the Canadian job market, the former is a specialist job board that solely advertises planning and regulation jobs. Although both platforms offer free and paid job posting options, Kijiji has a larger pool of candidates than Careers in Planning, with around 16 million registered job seekers.
Careers in Planning vs. CollegeGrad:
CollegeGrad is a job site dedicated to entry-level positions. Careers in Planning allows employers to advertise jobs at all career levels, and they post graduate and student jobs for free. Both platforms have an easy job posting process and resume search services, but Careers in Planning also offers featured listings and email advertising services.
What is Careers in Planning?
Careers in Planning is the Institute of Canadian Planner's specialist job board that connects employers with planning and regulation professionals throughout Canada.
What does it cost to post a job on Careers in Planning?
Careers in Planning's pricing starts from C$813.75 for a job post. The price depends on the region the listing will appear in. The site also allows student and graduate jobs to be posted for free.
How do I create a Careers in Planning account?
- Navigate to Careers in Planning's home page.
- Select "EMPLOYERS" and click "Create Employer Account."
- Fill out the online registration form.
- Then, click "Register."
How do I delete a job post on Careers in Planning?
- Log in to your employer dashboard.
- Select the job you'd like to remove and click "Delete."