SimplyHired's U.K. website is powered by Indeed and users wanting to post on the platform are redirected to Indeed from where they can either publish a free job posting or pay for a sponsored listing.
To help you decide how much to spend, an estimator tool will give you an idea of how many applications you can expect. The higher your budget, the more applications you will attract.
SimplyHired is a cost-effective general job aggregator that U.K. employers can use to recruit both local and international talent. Through its partnership with Indeed, SimplyHired's U.K. portal allows employers to post jobs for free or set a daily budget to sponsor posts for more visibility.
Useful features for employers and recruiters include applicant tracking, interview scheduling, and candidate assessment services. While SimplyHired is more affordable compared to leading U.K. job sites, such as Reed.co.uk and CV-Library, it doesn't attract as much local traffic as these do.
- SimplyHired features resources to assist with crafting effective job descriptions.
- The platform offers applicant tracking and management tools, as well as interview scheduling and assessment services.
- SimplyHired collects postings from third-party sites and shares them.
- Job posts are distributed to other job boards across SimplyHired's partner network.
- The site is more affordable than local alternatives, such as CV-Library and Totaljobs.
- Major U.K. companies, including Primark, Waitrose, and BP, use SimplyHired.
- The job board has no locally-based or U.K.-specific customer support.
- SimplyHired has received many negative customer reviews, although these are mostly from U.S. users.
- The site attracts far less traffic from the U.K. than local alternatives, such as CV-Library and Totaljobs.
On Trustpilot, SimplyHired has over 120 customer reviews with an average rating of 2.5 out of 5 stars. Many of the customer complaints seem to focus on a lack of customer support.
SimplyHired vs. Reed.co.uk:
Like SimplyHired, Reed.co.uk advertises a wide range of general vacancies. The latter site, however, is more popular in the U.K., reaching over 21.7 million local candidates. Both platforms offer employer branding and pre-screening questions, but SimplyHired is more affordable with a free job posting option, which Reed.co.uk lacks.
SimplyHired vs. CV-Library:
Unlike SimplyHired, CV-Library is not a global job aggregator and does not offer free job postings. It does, however, attract far greater volumes of traffic from job seekers in the U.K. and has features SimplyHired doesn't, such as a searchable CV database for employers, a course directory, and career advice for job seekers.
SimplyHired vs. Totaljobs:
Totaljobs is better known and receives more local page visits in the U.K. than SimplyHired. While both platforms are international, only SimplyHired has region-specific websites. Despite being the more expensive option, Totaljobs is a great choice for U.K. employers as it offers both greater reach and better features, including a CV database.