Find a job is a completely free job posting service.
As the U.K. government's official job board, Find a job is a valuable recruitment resource for local employers to advertise vacancies and connect with professionals from across the country. The website offers a free job posting service and receives over 2 million views each month.
Employers can add multiple team members to their profile and the service is more affordable than most competitors; however, the platform lacks advanced recruitment features, such as job board syndication and candidate matching tools.
- It is completely free for employers to post vacancies on Find a job.
- The platform gives employers access to candidates for full-time or part-time jobs in England, Scotland, and Wales.
- Employers can add multiple team members to their employer account.
- The website receives an average of over 2 million views each month.
- Find a Job is more affordable than competitors, such as Reed.co.uk and CV-Library.
- The website is also available in Welsh.
- The platform lacks social media promotion and job post syndication.
- Find a job's reach is limited to England, Scotland, and Wales.
- There are no advanced recruitment tools, such as ATS integration or candidate matching tools.
We were unable to find any online reviews of Find a job.
How to Post a Job on
Five easy steps for posting a job on Find a job.
Posting a Job on Find a job.
Navigate to the Find a job home page.
From the home page, click on "Employers" in the top-right corner of the page. On the next page, click on the "Create an account" link.
Create your employer account.
On the next page, fill in the online form with your details and click on "Create account" toward the bottom-right of the page.
Follow the email link to verify your account.
Click on "Create a company account" beneath the "If you are an employer" heading.
Complete your company profile
On the next page, complete your company profile by adding your personal details before clicking on "Continue."
Add details about your company, such as company name, size, and address. Then, click on "Continue."
Enter additional information. This step is optional. Once complete, click on "Continue."
Review your details and click on "Continue" toward the bottom of the page.
You can click on "Back" to edit any of your details.
Create your job post.
Click on the "Post job" button in the center of the page. Fill out the online form with your details.
Review your ad and post your job.
Review your job ad for accuracy. Once you're happy, click on "Post job" toward the bottom of the page.
Find a job vs. Reed.co.uk:
Reed.co.uk is one of the U.K.'s largest job boards. Like Find a job, the platform allows employers to post jobs in any industry and connect with professionals from across the country. While the platform is costlier, charging £89.00 +VAT for a job posting, it does offer company branding services and a CV database, which Find a job lacks.
Find a job vs. CV-Library:
Although CV-Library does not offer a free job posting option like Find a job, it provides employers with more recruitment features, such as a CV database, social media promotion, job board syndication, and ATS integration. These features make it the better option for urgent hiring, whereas Find a job is better for employers on a tight budget.
Find a job vs. Totaljobs:
Totaljobs is a leading U.K. job board with an international reach, whereas Find a job is operated by the U.K. government and caters to careers within Britain. While the platform does offer discounts for new employers, it lacks a free job posting option, making Find a job the more budget-friendly option.
The Department for Work and Pensions
Jan 01, 2012
Caxton House, 6-12 Tothill St., London SW1H 9NA
What is Find a job?
Find a job is the job board operated by the U.K. government where employers can advertise vacancies and connect with professionals across the country.
Is Universal Jobmatch closing down?
The Universal Jobmatch system closed on June 17, 2018. It is now known as Find a job.
Wha does it cost to post a job on Find a job?
Find a job is a completely free job posting service.
How do I create a job on Find a job?
- Go to the Find a job home page.
- Click on "Employers" in the top-right corner of the page.
- On the next page, click on the "Create an account" link.
- Fill in the online form with your details and click on "Create account."
- Follow the email link to verify your account.
- Click on "Create a company account" beneath the "If you are an employer" heading.
- Complete your company profile by following the online prompts, clicking on "Continue" after each step.
What has replaced Universal Jobmatch?
Universal Jobmatch system is now known as Find a job.
Can anyone advertise a job on Find a job?
Yes. You'll just need to register on the Find a job employers login page at gov.uk/advertise-job.
How do I get better applicants on Find a job?
The best thing you can do if you want to get better results on any job advert site is to focus on what aspect of your job will be most attractive to candidates. The best job seekers have jobs, and you're going to need to convince them that they should go through the trouble of applying to yours.
Will Find a job post my job ads on other sites too?
Many job advert sites have their job ads aggregated by other sites. So if you post on one site, your job may appear on many. Find a job does not explicitly state that their jobs are aggregated, so you'll want to post separately if you need to advertise on multiple sites.