Employers and job seekers use WordPress Jobs at no cost since it is officially affiliated with the open-source WordPress site where everyone can create a website, blog, or app for free.
Canadian employers who need to create or maintain a website, blog, or app via WordPress's open-source technology can use WordPress Jobs to connect with WordPress developers, designers, writers, and more. The site is free for employers and WordPress developers to use.
WordPress Jobs is a very simple job board that does not offer any extra features for Canadian employers. The website receives between 10 and 15 thousand views each month, with around 3% of the website traffic coming from Canada.
- WordPress Jobs allows employers to post vacancies for free.
- The platform caters specifically to WordPress-related vacancies or projects.
- Employers can remotely recruit global WordPress experts full-time or part-time, or for a specific project.
- Jobs are listed by category, making them easier to find.
- Employers directly receive applications via email.
- Job ads are promoted on the platform's Facebook page.
- WordPress Jobs is more affordable than competitors, such as Toptal and Codeable.
- Job seekers can filter jobs by job type to easily connect with suitable employers.
- Job post moderation may delay job posting for up to 24 hours after submission.
- The platform lacks a resume database of candidates.
- No candidate management tools or ATS integrations are included.
- WordPress Jobs lacks job board syndication and an applicant tracking system.
- The website is not available in French.
In Quora discussion threads, WordPress Jobs is often mentioned as a good site for WordPress developers to find jobs. On Facebook, the site has over 1,500 "Likes" and it has over 1.1K Twitter followers. WordPress also has a testimonials page with some customer reviews.
How to Post a Job on WordPress Jobs:
Three easy steps for posting a job on WordPress Jobs.
Posting a job on WordPress Jobs.
Navigate to the WordPress Jobs home page.
From the WordPress Jobs home page, click on "Post Job" in the top menu bar.
Create your job post.
Fill out the online form with your contact and company details. Scroll down and add some information about your vacancy. Once complete, click on "Submit Job" toward the bottom of the page.
Use Betterteam's job description template to help structure your job post.
Review your job post and post your vacancy.
Check your job post for accuracy. Once you're happy with your job ad, complete the CAPTCHA test, read through and agree to the terms, and click on "Verify Job" toward the bottom of the page.
You job post will be reviewed and posted to the job board within 24 hours.
WordPress Jobs vs. Toptal:
While WordPress Jobs caters exclusively to WordPress Developer positions, Toptal caters to software developers, designers, and more. Both are global sites but Toptal connects employers with freelancers, while WordPress Jobs allows employers to post their vacancies. It is also free whereas Toptal charges a US$500.00 deposit for their service.
WordPress Jobs vs. AngelList:
WordPress Jobs and AngelList are both global tech job boards, but AngelList caters to all tech professions and features a dedicated Canadian job board. WordPress Jobs, in contrast, only caters to WordPress developers and does not offer a location filter. As such, AngelList may be a better option for Canadian startups.
WordPress Jobs vs. Codeable:
Like WordPress Jobs, Codeable caters exclusively to WordPress developers. However, the site connects its customers to freelancers who can work on short-term projects and solve WordPress problems. Codeable uses candidate matching to suggest up to five experts, whereas WordPress Jobs is a simple job posting platform.
What is WordPress Jobs?
WordPress Jobs is the official WordPress site's job board. It provides a platform for anyone needing assistance with the development of WordPress websites, blogs, or apps to connect with WordPress experts.
How much does it cost to use Wordpress Jobs?
It's free to post jobs on WordPress Jobs, and WordPress experts also apply for jobs at no cost.
How do I remove a Wordpress Jobs job posting?
- Navigate to the WordPress Jobs home page.
- Click on "Remove Job" in the top menu bar.
- Enter the unique job token that you received upon submission of your job post in the empty field.
- To immediately remove your job post, click on "Remove".