Employers and job seekers use WordPress Jobs at no cost since it is officially affiliated to the open-source WordPress site where everyone can create a website, blog, or app for free.
Canadian employers who need to create or maintain a website, blog, or app via WordPress's open-source technology can use WordPress Jobs to connect with WordPress developers, designers, writers, and more. The site is free for employers and WordPress developers to use.
WordPress Jobs is a very simple job board that does not offer any extra features for Canadian employers. It also does not offer a dedicated Canadian site and lacks any sort of country site or location filter. This means that job seekers interested in Canadian positions may struggle to find your posts.
- Employers can remotely recruit global WordPress experts full-time or part-time, or for a specific project.
- The WordPress job board is free to use compared to paid local tech sites, such as AngelList and Codeable.
- Job posts are displayed for 21 days unless earlier removal is requested.
- Jobs are listed by category, making them easier to find.
- Employers directly receive applications via email.
- There is no dedicated Canadian site.
- The platform does not support French translations.
- There is no location filter.
- The platform is limited to WordPress Jobs, whereas local sites like AngelList, Codeable, and Toptal support all types of tech jobs.
- Job post moderation may delay job posting for up to 24 hours after submission.
- There is no candidate matching.
- No access to a resume database is provided.
- No candidate search filters are available.
- No candidate management tools or ATS integration are included.
- No employer brand promotion options exist.
- No high visibility posts or syndication of jobs to other job boards is offered.
How to Post a Job on WordPress Jobs:
Four easy steps for posting a job on WordPress Jobs.
Posting a Job on WordPress Jobs.
Navigate to the WordPress Jobs home page.
From the WordPress Jobs home page, click on the "Post Job" button just to the right of center in the top bar.
Fill in the job posting information.
Complete the information form by entering your contact information, company information, and job details. Once complete, click on the "Submit Job" button on the bottom right of the page.
Review your job post.
Check your job post for accuracy, fill out the captcha field, and agree to the terms. Then click on the "Verify Job" button on the bottom right of the page.
Post your job.
Your posting will be moderated by WordPress before it gets posted to the site. Take note of your job token. You will need to use this to remove your job post.
WordPress Jobs vs. Toptal:
While WordPress Jobs caters exclusively to WordPress Developer positions, Toptal caters to software developers, designers, finance experts, and more. Both are global sites but Toptal connects employers with freelancers while WordPress Jobs allows employers to post their vacancies. It is also free whereas Toptal charges a US$500.00 deposit for their service.
WordPress Jobs vs. AngelList:
WordPress Jobs and AngelList are both global tech job boards, but AngelList caters to all tech professions and features a dedicated Canadian job board. WordPress Jobs, in contrast, only caters to WordPress Developers and does not offer a location filter. AngelList may be a better option for Canadian startups.
WordPress Jobs vs. Codeable:
Like WordPress Jobs, Codeable caters exclusively to WordPress Developers. However, the site connects its customers to freelancers who can work on short-term projects and solve WordPress problems. Codeable uses candidate matching to suggest up to five experts, whereas WordPress Jobs is a simple job posting platform.
What is WordPress Jobs?
WordPress Jobs is the official WordPress site's job board. It provides a platform for anyone needing assistance with the development of WordPress websites, blogs, or apps to connect with WordPress experts.
How much does it cost to use Wordpress Jobs?
It's free to post jobs on WordPress Jobs and WordPress experts also apply for jobs at no cost.
How do I remove a Wordpress Jobs job posting?
- Navigate to https://jobs.wordpress.net/.
- Click on "Remove Job" at the top.
- Enter the unique job token that you received upon submission of your job post in the empty field.
- To immediately remove your job post, click on "Remove".