Founded in 2012, Codeable has more than 10 years of experience in helping employers find and hire WordPress freelancers for a wide range of coding, design, and custom developer projects. Companies can submit their project brief and expect to be matched with a skilled candidate in under one day, ensuring a quick and easy hiring process.
While Codeable is not a traditional job board, it gives employers access to a niche pool of vetted, highly qualified WordPress designers, developers, and coders. However, the platform lacks certain recruitment tools, such as social media promotion and featured listings, offered by competitors like WPhired and WordPress Jobs.
- Codeable caters exclusively to companies in search of WordPress experts.
- The site features a simple pricing guide and projects are priced individually based on their scope, complexity, and urgency.
- Employers can submit a project for free without any obligation to hire a freelancer.
- Freelancers are vetted by the platform to ensure companies are matched with high-quality talent.
- Codeable is used and trusted by various well-known companies, including Kinsta, Woo Commerce, and Gravity.
- Employers can post short-term, recurring, and full-time WordPress work, ranging from small fixes to full website builds.
- Codeable features both local and international freelancers but receives most of its website traffic from the U.S.
- The platform offers email and live chat support.
- Codeable is not a traditional job board and lacks several key hiring tools, including job syndication and resume searches.
- There is no phone support available.
On Trustpilot, Codeable has a 4.9-star rating based on more than 500 reviews. The majority of users praised the platform's top-notch pool of developers, intuitive interface, and quick candidate matching process. However, some reviewers mentioned their dissatisfaction with several freelancers and reported error-filled work.
On Facebook, the platform has a 4.7-star rating based on the opinion of more than 190 people. Many reviewers noted the site's professional services and excellent selection of freelancers.
Submit a Project
Hourly Project Rates
$80.00 - $120.00
Fixed Service Fee
Consult an Expert
*Companies can use Codeable's pricing guide filters to peruse starting prices based on frequent project types.
How to Post a Project on Codeable:
Four easy steps for posting a project on Codeable.
Posting a project on Codeable.
Go to Codeable's home page.
From the home page, click on "START A PROJECT" in the top-right corner.
Create a company account.
Fill out the online form with your details and click on "NEXT." On the next page, click on "START A PROJECT."
Create your project.
Select your project's particulars from the online form's drop-down menus and click on "CONTINUE."
On the next page, add your project's title and details, and once you're done, click on "CONTINUE."
Specify the complexity and urgency of your project, and click on "CONTINUE."
Publish your project.
Finish setting up your account by creating a password. Once you're ready to have your project go live, click on "PUBLISH MY PROJECT."
Codeable vs. WPhired:
Codeable and WPhired both cater exclusively to companies in search of WordPress experts and offer free project postings. However, WPhired is more feature-rich than Codeable, offering promoted listings, social media promotion, and newsletter advertising. Of the two, Codeable is the better option for hiring vetted WordPress talent.
Codeable vs. Freelancer:
Codeable and Freelancer are both freelancer sites with a free project posting service and live chat support. While Codeable gives companies a more targeted approach to hiring WordPress designers and developers, it is costly compared to Freelancer, with a higher fixed service fee. Freelancer also features progress tracking, which Codeable lacks.
Codeable vs. FlexJobs:
FlexJobs is a general job board that lists freelance and part-time roles. In comparison, Codeable primarily caters to WordPress talent and lacks key hiring tools offered by FlexJobs, such as employer branding and resume searches. However, it is free to post a project on Codeable, while FlexJobs only offers paid posting plans.