Upwork charges the freelancer a fee of 20% for the first $500.00 billed with the client. Posting a job is free for employers.
Upwork is an online talent solution platform that matches employers with a global pool of remote work freelancers. More than thirty percent of Fortune 500 companies have used Upwork to connect with talented, independent professionals.
- Employers can post jobs at no cost or choose from paid options.
- Connect with a remote workforce representing 180 countries.
- Millions of jobs posted with over 5,000 skills represented across more than 70 categories.
- AI matching technology instantly generates a freelancer shortlist based on your job requirements.
- Employers have access to individual freelancer's profiles and can see their ratings.
- Receive invoices through Upwork's platform to easily pay for the work you've authorized.
- Job postings include social media visibility on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Free job postings exclude advanced candidate management tools.
- Some freelancers might be deterred by having to pay a fee based on their earnings.
Although 140+ complaints were logged about Upwork on Better Business Bureau, the majority received attention from Upwork. On Sitejabber, 1.9K+ users positively rated Upwork with 4.11 out of 5 stars. On Trustpilot, Upwork received 4.5 stars based on the reviews of more than 4.6K users.
How to Post a Job on Upwork:
Four easy steps for posting a job on Upwork.
Post a Job on Upwork.
Choose your job posting option.
Navigate to the home page and scroll down to the heading that reads "Choose the offering that works best for you." Select which option suits you.
Set up your account.
You'll be prompted to add your email address and set up your account by adding your name and creating a password. Then click "Create my Account."
Fill in your job details.
Add information about your job posting, such as the job title, description, location, visibility, and budget.
Review and post your job
You can review your job post and make changes as necessary. When you are ready, click "Post Job Now."
Upwork vs. Fiverr:
Both Upwork and Fiverr provide platforms for employers to find talented global freelancers. Upwork offers free basic job posts and paid plans that start at $49.99 per month. With Fiverr, employers choose from customized service packages to connect with qualifying freelancers, so prices vary. Both charge freelancers a fee based on their earnings.
Upwork vs. Toptal:
While Upwork connects global employers and freelancers across a wide array of industries, Toptal is a marketplace for the top 3% of freelance developers and coders. Upwork offers a free basic job posting and paid options that start at $49.99, whereas Toptal costs start with a deposit of $500.00 that serves as a credit on project-hour hiring invoices.
Upwork vs. Guru:
Both Upwork and Guru connect employers with talented freelancers. While Upwork offers employers a basic free job post plan and paid options starting at $49.99 per month, Guru doesn’t charge for job posts and employers only pay a small fee for each paid invoice. Only Guru offers freelancers a free option where no deductions from earnings are made.
Upwork vs. FlexJobs:
Upwork and FlexJobs both connect global remote-working freelancers with employers representing more than 60 job categories. Upwork offers employers a basic free job post plan and paid options starting at $49.99 per month, while free FlexJobs posts need to meet requirements and their paid monthly membership prices start at $299.00.
Upwork vs. PeoplePerHour:
Both Upwork and PeoplePerHour match global employers with top freelancers. Upwork offers employers a basic free job post plan and paid options starting at $49.99 per month, while PeoplePerHour posts jobs for free. Upwork freelancers pay an earnings-based fee, while PeoplePerHour freelancers can submit 15 proposals for free before they are charged.
News and Activity:
News or Activity
October 27, 2020
October 20, 2020
October 8, 2020
September 4, 2020
What is Upwork?
Upwork is a leading remote talent platform where employers can connect with a pool of independent freelancers from around the world.
What does it cost to post a job on Upwork?
Upwork's pricing options include a free Basic plan and paid job posting packages.
How do I post a job on Upwork?
- Navigate to https://www.upwork.com/.
- Scroll down to "Choose the offering that works best for you."
- Click on "Select" under the plan of your choice.
- Choose a method to open your free account.
- Fill in the online form and follow the prompts to create an account.
- Log in to your account and from your Upwork dashboard, click on the "My Jobs" tab.
- Select the "Post a Job" action and fill in your job details.
- Follow the prompts to review and submit your post.
How can I edit a job post on Upwork?
From your Upwork dashboard, click on the "My Jobs" tab and select the job posting you would like to edit under "Open Jobs." Click on "Edit Posting" in the "Actions" menu and make your changes.