Contact for quote.
Featured Job Upgrade
*Upwork's basic plan is free to use, so employers only pay freelancers the confirmed fee, plus the standard 3% for admin and payment processing.
**The Plus Plan includes premium customer support, team reporting, and 15 invites to freelancers instead of three.
Upwork is an online freelance marketplace that gives employers access to more than 18 million freelancers from around the world, including the U.S. More than 30% of Fortune 500 companies have used Upwork to connect with talented, independent professionals.
- Brands such as Airbnb, Dropbox, Microsoft, Samsung, and more use Upwork to find quality freelancers.
- Employers can post projects at no cost or choose from paid options, depending on their hiring needs.
- Millions of projects are posted on the platform with over 5,000 skills represented across more than 70 categories.
- AI-matching technology instantly generates a freelancer shortlist based on your project requirements.
- Employers can connect with a remote workforce representing 180 countries.
- You can receive invoices through Upwork's platform to easily pay for the work you've authorized.
- Projects include social media visibility on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Employers have access to individual freelancers' profiles and can see their ratings.
- There are two local offices in the USA.
- Upwork is more affordable than competitors like FlexJobs and Toptal.
- Upwork's basic plan excludes advanced candidate management tools.
- Some freelancers might be deterred by having to pay a fee based on their earnings.
- There are no options to search for projects by employer, which can make it difficult for freelancers to find you.
- There are no multilingual site options, which may limit the number of registered users.
Although more than 140 complaints were logged against Upwork on Better Business Bureau, most queries received attention from them.
On Sitejabber, 2,400 users positively rated Upwork with 4.1 out of 5 stars, and the job board received a Customer Choice Award from the site in 2021. On Trustpilot, the platform received 4.6 stars based on the reviews of more than 5,800 users.
How to Post a Project on Upwork:
Four easy steps for posting a project on Upwork.
Posting a project on Upwork.
Click on "Find Talent."
You'll find this green button on the left-hand side toward the center of the home page.
Create an account.
Fill out the online form with your details and click on "Create My Account."
You can also sign up with your Apple or Google account.
Start the job posting process.
To start the job posting process, click on "Post a Job" on your dashboard.
Select the length of the project and click on "Continue."
Add a headline for your project in the field provided and select a job category. Click on "Next: Skills" when you are done.
Add the required skills, the project's scope, experience level, and location, clicking on "Next" each time you are ready to proceed to the next section.
Add an hourly rate or project budget, and click on "Review Job Post" to continue.
Review and post your job.
Add the project's description and read through your post to make sure all the details are correct. When you are ready, click on "Post Your Job Now."
To make changes, click on the gray pen icon on the far right of each section. Click on "Update" to save your changes.
To save your changes and post the job at a later stage, click on "Save as draft."
Upwork vs. Fiverr:
Both Upwork and Fiverr provide platforms for employers to find talented freelancers. Upwork offers free basic project adverts and paid plans that start at $49.99 per month. With Fiverr, employers choose from customized service packages to connect with qualifying freelancers, so prices vary. Both charge freelancers a fee based on their earnings.
Upwork vs. Toptal:
While Upwork connects global employers and freelancers across several industries, Toptal is a marketplace for the top 3% of freelance developers and coders. Upwork offers a free basic project ad, with paid options starting at $49.99, whereas Toptal costs start with a deposit of $500.00 that serves as a credit on project-hour hiring invoices.
Upwork vs. Guru:
Both Upwork and Guru connect employers with talented freelancers. While Upwork offers employers a basic free plan and paid options starting at $49.99 per month, Guru doesn’t charge for posting projects and employers only pay a small fee for each paid invoice. Only Guru offers freelancers a free option where no deductions from earnings are made.
What is Upwork?
Upwork is a leading freelance marketplace where employers can connect with a pool of independent freelancers from around the world, including the U.S.
What does it cost to post a project on Upwork?
Upwork's pricing options include a free basic plan and paid packages.
How can I edit a project on Upwork?
- Click on the "My Jobs" tab from your Upwork dashboard.
- Select the project you would like to edit under "Open Jobs."
- Click on "Edit Posting" in the "Actions" menu.
- Make your changes.