PeoplePerHour charges buyers a service fee of £0.6 + 10%. The buyer fees for Premium Programme members are 0% (Gold members) and 2.5% (Silver members) for bank transfers.
Mark a Project Listing as "Urgent"
Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)
Talent Scout Project Upgrade
Featured Project Upgrade
PeoplePerHour is a marketplace for hiring top-quality freelance professionals. It allows free access to detailed freelancer profiles, has good project posting tools, offers video conferencing between buyers and freelancers, matches talent to projects, and facilitates payments.
Filtering a freelancer search by the location "United States" yields more than 5,000 results. The site features freelancers from diverse disciplines, including design, development, and copywriting.
- PeoplePerHour receives around 26% of its web traffic from the U.K. and U.S. It is ideal for employers looking to hire English-speakers.
- Employers have free access to freelancer profiles.
- Freelancer profiles include portfolios, pricing, offers, skills breakdowns, reviews, and endorsements.
- The platform provides relevant matches for projects.
- Freelancers are vetted before being accepted onto the platform.
- It offers invoice management features.
- Projects can be posted for free.
- Funds are kept in an escrow account until both parties are satisfied with the work.
- It is an easy-to-use project posting tool.
- The platform has a video chat tool.
- Their service fee of 10% is more costly than Freelancer's 3% fixed price payment fee.
- There is no telephone or instant chat support — only email.
- Some portfolios are in PDF format and download immediately without prompting.
- Some employers have warned against unprofessional conduct on behalf of freelancers as well as minimal support from the platform to resolve conflicts.
PeoplePerHour has mixed reviews. A reviewer on ShoutMeLoud gave mostly positive feedback, but the comments below his article were largely negative. Of 127 reviews on Sitejabber, most are negative. The overall rating is 1.71 out of 5.
How to Post a Project on PeoplePerHour:
Follow these six simple steps to post a project on PeoplePerHour.
Posting a project on PeoplePerHour.
Go to peopleperhour.com.
Navigate to the PeoplePerHour home page.
Create an account.
Click on the "SIGN UP" button in the top-right corner of the home page, then select "I WANT TO HIRE A FREELANCER" from the pop-up box.
Sign up with Facebook or use your email.
Enter your project details.
Click on "POST A PROJECT," select a category and subcategory, and click on "CONTINUE." Then, enter the project details. You'll need to select a category and subcategory, give your project a title, and enter a project description. The more detail the better.
You can also upload any relevant information, including pictures, documents, specifications, etc.
Set a budget.
Next, select a budget type (fixed price or per hour) and a currency (pounds sterling, U.S. dollars, or euro). Then, set a budget.
Select advanced options.
Select "+ Show advanced options (location, visibility, duration, interview questions)" just above the "POST PROJECT" button to add a location, interview questions, and the estimated project duration.
In the Freelancer Location filter, select "Remotely (preferred country)" or "On-site (specific location)," depending on your preference.
Enter "United States" or an American city in the text box to limit your freelancer search to American workers.
Post your project.
Look over all the information you've entered to ensure it is correct, then click on "POST PROJECT" at the bottom of the page. Once you’ve posted your project, it will undergo automated checks to ensure that it meets PeoplePerHour's policies before it appears in the project listings.
PeoplePerHour vs. Upwork:
Upwork and PeoplePerHour offer similar features, but all PeoplePerHour's features are free to use, while Upwork has tiered plans. Upwork has a better reputation than PeoplePerHour in finding reliable freelancers. Both platforms are great for targeting freelancers in the U.S.
PeoplePerHour vs. Fiverr:
Both Fiverr and PeoplePerHour offer free project postings, access to freelancer profiles, and secure payment facilitation. Unlike Fiverr, PeoplePerHour also offers an AI talent matching tool that makes finding the right freelancer for a project a little easier. Both platforms allow users to set a budget in U.S. dollars.
PeoplePerHour vs. Freelancer:
Freelancer offers many of the same features as PeoplePerHour, but it is a better, more user-friendly talent management tool. It also allows for project bidding, unlike PeoplePerHour. However, PeoplePerHour has a great talent matching tool and allows video chat. Both platforms let employers target U.S. freelancers.
What is PeoplePerHour?
PeoplePerHour is an online marketplace that businesses can use to connect with over two million freelancers around the world.
Is PeoplePerHour safe?
Yes. PeoplePerHour has a number of tools, processes, and protocols in place to maintain a safe and secure platform for both buyers and freelancers.
What is a deposit on PeoplePerHour?
Before work on a project on PeoplePerHour can begin, the buyer must deposit funds into an escrow account. These funds will later be used pay the freelancer once both the buyer and the freelancer are satisfied with the project.
How do I delete my PeoplePerHour account?
- Go to "General Settings" and click on "Settings."
- Next to "Account," click on "Edit."
- You will have the option to deactivate your account or to contact their customer support team to process your deactivation for you.
- Fill out the feedback form, if desired.
- Confirm the deactivation of your account by checking the appropriate box.
How do I create a PeoplePerHour account?
To create an account where you can manage PeoplePerHour project postings, click on "SIGN UP" on the home page.
How can I edit a PeoplePerHour project posting?
To edit your PeoplePerHour postings, sign in to your account and open the posting you would like to modify. You can save your changes and repost before closing the window.
How can I delete a PeoplePerHour project posting?
You can remove a posting at any time by selecting it from your list of active projects and clicking on the delete icon.
What is PeoplePerHour's pricing?
There is a standard service fee of £0.6 + 10%. for hiring freelancers, with additional purchases, such as promotions, starting at $15.00.
How do freelancers get paid on PeoplePerHour?
Once an hourly rate or fixed price is agreed, the money is placed in an escrow account until both parties are satisfied with the work.