Communo is a talent optimization platform made up of over 40,000+ creatives that specialize in fields such as marketing, advertising, and sales. Employers predominantly use Communo to hire qualified freelancers thanks to the platform's verification system and members-only policy. With Communo, members can post job opportunities, connect with creatives, and attend informative events.
- Communo has over 40,000+ members that range in expertise and experience.
- Members have access to insights and educational events.
- There is no placement fee if you're hiring freelancers and all talent is pre-vetted.
- Communo is a good option if you're looking for an alternative approach to hiring freelancers.
- Limited to freelance work and small projects.
- Only offers online customer support.
- No free options available.
- Communo is not a high-traffic site.
- You must pay for a membership to benefit from Communo's features.
- Communo does not work the same as general job boards. Instead, it's considered a networking site where employers can seek advice, share ideas, and/or employ job seekers.
Communo is not BBB accredited and there are a limited number of user reviews of Communo available online. However, we did find one review on Reddit that highlighted the site's reputation for syndicated jobs, very few new job options, and charges for upgraded features.
How to Post a Job on Communo:
Four easy steps for posting a job on Communo.
Posting a job on Communo.
Go to Communo.com.
Navigate to the Communo home page.
Create an account.
Click on the "Business" tab to register to become a member. Scroll down and click on "Get Started."
Wait for verification.
After submitting your employer details, wait for Communo to complete its due diligence and verify your business and application.
Begin your onboarding.
Before posting your job, you will need to go through an onboarding process.
Once the onboarding is completed, follow the prompts and fill in your job post description to complete your advert.
Communo vs. Freelancer:
Besides its stringent signup process and members-only policy, Communo also stands out as the most expensive option, with prices starting at $99.00 per year. Freelancer, on the other hand, is completely free and does not require a membership fee. In addition, Freelancer offers a more extensive selection of job categories.
Communo vs. Upwork:
Both Upwork and Communo offer job boards that cater to the freelance job market. However, while Upwork predominantly serves as a graphic design job board, Communo mainly focuses on sales and marketing jobs. Unlike Upwork, Communo does not offer a free plan. Instead, members can expect to pay between $99.00 and $850.00 per year.
Communo vs. PeoplePerHour:
Both Communo and PeoplePerHour are freelance job boards that have a subscription-based system. However, Communo outshines as the more affordable option, with prices starting at $99.00, an entire $199.00 cheaper than PeoplePerHour's plan. However, PeoplePerHour's plan only requires a one-time payment.
News & Activity:
News or Activity
April 7, 2020
March 26, 2020
How do I create a Communo account?
Visit Communo.com and click "Apply" in the top right corner. Choose your subscription, click "Apply" and then "Proceed to Checkout."
What kind of freelance jobs can I post on Communo?
Communo is a community of experts specializing in everything from design and web development, to video production and strategy.