Business - One (1 Seat)
Business - Small (3 Seats)
Business - Medium (5 Seats)
Business - Large (10 Seats)
*All Business plans include unlimited job posts. Employers in need of more than 10 seats should contact Communo via email for more details.
Launched in 2017, Communo is a fairly new platform that targets employers looking to recruit marketing, design, and sales freelancers. While Communo advertises both full-time and freelance projects, it currently has very few Australian-based opportunities listed.
Communo's local reach does not compare to leading competitors, such as SEEK and OzLance. The majority of available work is either remote or based in the U.S., and all posting plans are quoted in U.S. dollars. Additionally, Communo only advertises available work to other members, excluding most of the Australian job market.
- Local companies, such as First Focus and AirTree Ventures, have used Communo to hire freelance talent.
- The platform offers both subscription plans and single job posting options.
- Communo has over 60,000 members that range in expertise and experience.
- The platform advertises freelance and remote projects from across the world.
- There is no placement fee for employers hiring freelancers.
- Communo allows interested users to explore its website for free using a guest account.
- All talent is vetted by the site, assuring employers of quality hires.
- The site hosts webinars and informational events that help companies improve their hiring strategies.
- Communo only advertises vacancies to its members, which excludes a large part of the job market.
- There are no free project posting options available.
- Candidates are matched to projects using a scoring system, which may deter employers looking for a hands-on hiring approach.
- Pricing is not available in Australian dollars.
There are a limited number of online reviews of Communo. However, we did find one review on Reddit that noted the site's reputation for syndicated jobs, very few new job posting options, and charges for upgraded features. Communo's app received a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars on the Apple Store.
How to Post a Project on Communo:
Five easy steps for posting a project on Communo.
Posting a Project on Communo.
Go to Communo's home page.
Navigate to the Communo home page and click on "For Freelancers" toward the top-left corner of the page.
Create an account.
Select "I want to hire" and add your email address and password to the online form. Then, click on "Continue."
Employers also have the option of signing up with their LinkedIn account.
After submitting your employer details, wait for Communo to complete its due diligence and verify your business and application.
Add some of your employer details, clicking on "Continue" each time to proceed to the next step.
Start the project posting process.
From your dashboard, click on "Create New Post" toward the top left-hand side of the screen. Add your project's details to the online form and click on "Preview."
Review your posting to ensure the information is correct. Then, click on "Get Applicants."
To make changes to your project, click on "Edit."
Upgrade your plan.
To post your project to the site, you'll be required to pay a fee. The upgrade details should pop up. Choose the package that suits your hiring requirements and click on "Subscribe" or "Pay-per-Post."
Finalize your order.
Add your payment info to the online form and click on "Purchase" to pay for your package.
Communo vs. OzLance:
OzLance and Communo are both designed for employers looking to hire freelancers. While Communo is a paid, global marketplace for those in marketing and technology, OzLance targets general freelancers in the Australian job market. Unlike Communo, OzLance does not charge to post projects on the platform.
Communo vs. Yeeply:
Yeeply and Communo are similar in that both competitors are freelance hiring sites. However, the two offer different pricing systems. While Communo charges US$400.00 for a single listing, Yeeply works on a quote system. Unlike Yeeply, Communo only targets freelancers in marketing, design, and technology.
Communo vs. SEEK:
While SEEK is a well-known, Australian job board that caters to multiple industries, Communo is a global marketplace that primarily targets freelancers in the marketing and tech fields. Unlike SEEK, none of Communo's plans are available in local currency and the platform only advertises opportunities to Communo members.
Jan 01, 2017
1025 10 St. SE, Calgary, Alberta T2G 3E1 Canada
Number of Employees
How do I create a Communo account?
- Visit Communo.com and click on "Hire Talent" toward the top-right corner.
- Click on "I want to hire."
- Complete the online form and click on "Continue."
How much does it cost to post projects on Communo?
Communo only allows its members to post work on the platform. A single listing costs US$400.00, while subscription packages start from US$200.00.
What kind of projects can I post on Communo?
Communo is a community of experts specializing in the fields of marketing, design, and technology.