Character or Mascot
Car, truck, or van wrap
Contest add-on: Feature
Contest add-on: Highlight
Contest add-on: List contest on the 99designs blog
Contest add-on: Private contest
1-to-1 Project Fees:
Client introduction fee (for designers)
Top level designer platform fee
Mid level designer platform fee
Entry level designer platform fee
Client platform fee
99designs offers a large range of design services and multiple packages to choose from. Users can work directly with freelancers or run contests. The freelancer profiles have all the right information to help employers make better decisions about who to work with. There is also a money-back guarantee.
However, contests take a long time and there have been complaints about designers submitting stolen designs, which could cause problems later on. 99designs's built-in alert system to such infringements indicates the fact that this must be a common behavior they're trying to curb.
- The website looks amazing and is easy to use.
- Offers a very broad range of design services.
- Multiple packages to choose from.
- Profile information includes response time, repeat clients, number of contests won, number of one-on-one projects completed, etc.
- Users can work directly with a designer or run a contest.
- Offers a money-back guarantee.
- Many helpful resources are available.
- Designers go through a rigorous application process.
- In reviews, Australian users praised the user-friendliness of the platform and responsive customer support.
- The platform has a reporting system that can be used to report designers who have stolen designs, used stock images, etc.
- Users can search for freelancers based on the design category, industry, designer level, language, etc.
- Contests could take up to a month to finalize.
- The different pricing models can be confusing.
- There have been complaints of stolen designs.
- The site doesn't allow for traditional job postings like other local freelance and creative sites, including OzLance and The Loop.
- It is easier to find local talent with sites like OzLane, Arts Hub, and The Loop.
How to Post a Job on 99designs:
Eight easy steps for posting a job on 99designs.
Posting a Job on 99designs.
Go to 99designs.com.
Go to the 99designs home page.
Click "Get Started."
The "Get Started" button is located next to the "I need a" search box in the center of the page.
Search and select your design category.
Choose between various design categories, including websites, logos, apps, merchandising, and more. Each design category will have a subcategory with different packages to choose from.
Click "Start a Contest."
99designs works by taking the details of your design request and turning it into a contest for designers around the world to submit their ideas. Your task is to choose the design you like best.
Create a design brief.
Fill out a design brief to give designers an idea of what you are looking for in your design. Go through a selection of design styles, colors, shapes, and more. Once you've completed the design brief, click "Continue."
Select a design package.
Next, you can choose from a selection of design packages. Consider how many designs you want to receive and how much you are willing to spend. Then, enter a contest title, select a contest option (guaranteed or private contest), and click "Continue."
You also have the option to promote your contest with paid add-on features to boost the number of designs you receive. Paid add-ons include having your contest featured at the top of the list of projects, highlighted in orange to make it stand out, and having it listed in the 99designs blog.
Sign up or log in to your account.
You will be prompted to enter your details to create an account or log in to your existing 99designs account.
Enter your billing details.
Once you have filled out your billing details and made the payment, your contest will be posted to 99designs.
99designs vs. DesignCrowd:
DesignCrowd and 99designs are very similar, offering many of the same services and having many of the same features and processes. However, 99designs is more expensive. Both platforms have complaints against them around the quality of designers available. 99designs has slightly better ratings.
99designs vs. The Loop:
Like 99designs, The Loop is a platform for creative professionals. However, while 99designs has a global presence and network of designers, The Loop caters only to the Australian market. Both platforms allow users to browse designer profiles, but only The Loop features a traditional job board.
99designs vs. OzLance:
Unlike 99designs, OzLance is not limited to the creative market. OzLance is not a global platform like 99designs, being a marketplace for Australian and New Zealand freelancers, but allows for traditional job adverts in addition to submitting projects freelancers can apply for. OzLance is a good choice if you are looking for local talent only.
News & Activity:
News or Activity
October 5, 2020
What is 99designs?
99designs is a freelance creative platform and job posting site that makes it easy for designers and clients to work together to create designs.
How much is 99designs?
99designs plans cost between A$219.00 and A$3,869.00.
Is 99designs worth it for designers?
It depends on your designing needs. The platform offers a range of features and plans, ranging from book covers, business cards, magazine covers, and more.
How do I verify identity on 99designs?
- Verify your ID.
- Select the ID type.
- Scan the front of your ID.
- Take a selfie.
- Wait for your verification to process.
How can I create a 99designs account?
From the 99designs home page, click "Login" and then "Sign Up."
How can I edit a 99designs job posting?
99designs contest details are managed from the account manager. You won't be able to reduce the prize money once entries have been received. You are also allowed to request the winning designer to make changes to their design, but they are not obligated to make any changes.
What kind of freelance jobs can I post on 99designs?
There is a range of design categories on 99designs to post to. Some of them include book covers, business cards, characters/mascots, infographics, and magazine covers.
How do I find the best freelancers on 99designs?
The best freelancers on 99designs can be found by running a design contest and selecting your favorite design from the contest entries.
- Invite designers whose work you like by going to their profile and selecting "Invite to Work."
- Plan the contest duration, outlining the qualifying round, shortlisting, final round, and contest winner.
- Give your feedback to contestants by using the feedback-rating feature. A contest with a high feedback rating will attract more designers.
- Use star ratings to rate submissions.
- Be sure to guarantee your contest. This ensures that your contest will result in a win, even if you're unhappy with the results. Guaranteed contests attract more designers.
Is 99designs free?
No. 99designs offers fixed-price design contest packages and a 5% platform fee (for clients) for 1-to-1 projects. For 1-to-1 projects, designers are charged a 20% client introduction fee in addition to a platform fee which varies depending on the experience level of the designer