It costs between $59.00–$779.00 to post a design project on DesignCrowd, depending on the design service needed and the package selected.
DesignCrowd offers access to more than 800,000 freelance designers around the world and promises top-quality designs within hours. Employers are given the option of either running competitions to then choose from hundreds of designs or working with a single designer at a time for a project.
The platform is secure, easy-to-use, and there is a money-back guarantee if a design cannot be found. However, there have been some complaints about the quality of work and the attitude of designers. Read the fine print.
- The platform's freelancers cover a wide range of design services.
- Employers can search for designers by the type of design and location.
- Employers get access to designer information, portfolios, ratings, and earnings.
- The platform has almost 890,000 designers.
- There is a quick turn-around time for initial designs.
- The site offers a money-back guarantee.
- Employers could potentially get hundreds of designs for each project.
- Employers can choose to run a design competition or work with a single designer.
- The platform is SSL-certified.
- The platform is for design freelancers only.
- There have been complaints of billing issues, sub-par designs, and dealing with "disgruntled designers."
DesignCrowd does not have a good reputation among designers. The platform only scored 1.17/5 on SiteJabber, from mostly designer reviews.
How to Hire Freelancers on DesignCrowd:
Five easy steps for hiring freelancers on DesignCrowd.
Posting a project on DesignCrowd.
Naviage to the DesignCrowd home page.
Log on to the DesignCrowd home page and click on the "Get Started Now" button.
Choose a design service.
From the options provides, select the type of design service you need.
Describe your project.
Fill in the information about your project and upload relevant files.
Choose a package option.
Choose a package that suits your project and your budget.
Review and pay.
Review your project and choose a payment option. Your project will commence as soon as payment is made.
DesignCrowd vs. 99designs:
99designs and DesignCrowd are very similar, offering many of the same services, features, and processes. 99designs has slightly better ratings online but is more costly. Both platforms have complaints against them about the quality of the work provided.
DesignCrowd vs. Fiverr:
Fiverr and DesignCrowd are both user-friendly and offer access to designer portfolios, but freelancers on Fiverr set their own prices. Employers on DesignCrowd can decide to go through portfolios and profiles and then choose a single designer or run a competition and receive many more design options.
DesignCrowd vs. Freelancer:
Freelancer offers access to a broad range of freelance professionals, whereas DesignCrowd is for freelance designers only. Freelancer does not charge employers for posts and DesignCrowd does. There have been complaints against both platforms for the quality of work provided.
Is DesignCrowd good for designers?
There have been complaints from designers against DesignCrowd. They mostly have to do with designs being rejected.
How does DesignCrowd work?
- An employer launches a project.
- Designers submit designs according to the brief.
- The project owner then chooses the best of the designs.
Employers can choose to work with individual designers by inviting them to a project.
How much does DesignCrowd cost?
It costs between $59.00–$779.00 to post a project on DesignCrowd depending on the design service required.
Is DesignCrowd safe?
Yes, the company has been operating since 2007, has facilitated millions of successful projects, and is SSL-certified. All of the information shared on the platform is 256-bit encrypted.
What is DesignCrowd?
DesignCrowd is a freelance design marketplace with almost a million freelance designers.
What types of projects can I advertise on DesignCrowd?
There are 60 design project categories to choose from, including logo design, web design, social media graphics, and illustration.