Hound is a general job board and aggregator for North America. The site allows employers to post their job ads, but it also mines thousands of employer websites for job openings that job seekers may not see.
Hound seems to have covered their bases, offering employers a multitude of benefits, including sharing posts to other job boards, candidate management tools, job posting tips, and available customer support. However, they have received a very low customer rating, mostly from job seekers on Sitejabber.
- The site offers a free trial and a basic plan, which is free for up to 20 job posts.
- Hound shares job ads to over 500 other job sites and social media.
- Employers can post directly to paid job boards through their Hound account.
- The platform aggregates jobs from employer websites.
- There are no advertisements on the page.
- Hound offers daily advice and news for job seekers, as well as job posting tips for employers.
- The site features a resume database that is free to search.
- Posted jobs are featured in job alert emails sent to job seekers.
- The platform features candidate management and applicant tracking tools.
- Customer support is available by phone, live chat, and email.
- Employers are automatically charged at the end of their free trial.
- Posting to paid job boards requires an additional fee.
- Memberships can only be canceled by phone.
- The free basic account does not include posting to other job boards.
- While the resume database is free to search, employers will need to pay to view or download any resumes.
- Employers can only use work emails to register for a Hound account; Gmail or Hotmail accounts are not accepted.
Hound is currently not accredited or rated with the Better Business Bureau. However, Hound has received 26 customer reviews on Sitejabber, most of which are negative, with a total rating of 1.3 out of 5 stars. These reviews are mostly from job seekers and revolve around poor customer service, difficulty canceling accounts, and job ads being fake.
How to Post a Job on Hound:
Four easy steps for posting a job on Hound.
Posting a job on Hound.
Click on "POST JOB" on the home page.
You'll find this just to the right of center on the Hound home page.
Enter your work email address.
Hound will need a work email address, so a Gmail or Hotmail account won't work. After you've entered it, click on "Get Started."
Fill in the job information in the form.
Add basic information, including your name, position name, and job description.
Click on "POST YOUR JOB."
This is the final step. Be sure to review your information before posting.
Hound vs. Indeed:
Like Hound, Indeed offers free and paid posting plans but their free plan offers more accessibility than Hound's. However, Indeed's free posts quickly lose visibility as they're replaced by newer posts. Both sites feature a resume database that is free to search but requires payment to view or download resumes. Indeed is more well-known than Hound.
Hound vs. Google for Jobs:
Both Hound and Google for Jobs work as aggregators to collect job ads from employer websites. Hound displays these jobs on their sites for job seekers to find, while Google for Jobs shows them in search results. Hound seems to do this without any input from the employer, while Google for Jobs requires the job ads to be formatted in a specific way.
Hound vs. Jora:
Jora is similar to Hound in that it offers a free job posting plan and sources jobs from employer websites. However, Jora does not offer any paid plans for sponsored job ads, which Hound does. Jora also lacks a candidate database and social media sharing, both of which Hound offers. However, Jora has received more positive reviews than Hound.
How much does it cost to post a job on Hound?
Hound offers a free trial as well as a free basic posting plan. Paid plans range from $199.00 to $1,249.00 per month.
How can I edit a Hound job posting?
To edit your job posting on Hound, sign in to your account and navigate to your list of job postings. From there, open the posting you would like to edit. Then you can change any information in the posting before saving the changes.
Does Hound promote my job post on other platforms?
Hound lists jobs that are extracted from employer websites and online job boards. Your job post will appear on the original job posting site as well as on Hound.
When is the best time to post a job on Hound?
How can I delete a Hound job posting?
Hover over the posting in your list and click on the "Delete" button to remove it.
Does Hound offer employers assistance with candidate interviews?
No, Hound does not assist employers with candidate interviews.
How do I create a Hound account?
If you want a Hound account where you can post and manage Hound job postings, go to Hound.com and click on "Try it Out" to get started. All you need to start using the site is a business email address.