Hound is a predominately North American general job board that also operates internationally. The site allows employers to post their job ads and also mines thousands of employer websites for job openings. However, they only seem to collect jobs from U.S. employer websites.
Hound's job board lacks a dedicated U.K. site and U.K. offices. They also only feature pricing in U.S. dollars and seem to lack any features that would benefit U.K. employers directly. That said, they do offer benefits such as sharing posts with other job boards, candidate management tools, and job posting tips.
- Hound offers a free trial and a basic plan that is free for up to 20 job posts.
- The site shares job ads with over 500 other job sites and social media.
- Employers can reach a wider audience through Hound's global reach, whereas other sites, such as Find a Job, only cater to the U.K.
- Employers can post directly to paid job boards through their Hound account.
- The platform aggregates jobs from employer websites.
- There are no advertisements on the page.
- The site offers daily advice and news for job seekers, as well as job posting tips for employers.
- The platform features a resume database that is free to search.
- Posted jobs are featured in job alert emails sent to job seekers.
- The site features candidate management and applicant tracking tools.
- Customer support is available by phone, live chat, and email.
- There is no dedicated U.K. site because the job board is aimed at a U.S. audience.
- Pricing is only available in U.S. dollars.
- Employers are automatically charged at the end of their free trial.
- Posting to paid job boards requires an additional fee.
- While it is free to search the resume database, employers will need to pay to view or download resumes.
- Memberships can only be canceled by phone.
- Call centers are only available from 9am to 5pm Pacific Standard Time.
- The free Basic account does not include posting to other job boards.
- Employers can only register with their work emails; Gmail and Hotmail accounts are not accepted.
- Any tips and advice posted are geared toward a U.S. workforce.
Hound has received 26 customer reviews on Sitejabber, the majority of which are negative, with a total rating of 1.3 out of 5 stars. These reviews are mostly from job seekers and revolve around poor customer service, difficulty canceling accounts, and job ads being fake.
How to Post a Job on Hound:
Three easy steps for posting a job on Hound.
Posting a job on Hound.
Click on "POST JOB" on the home page.
You'll find this in the top-right corner of the Hound home page.
Enter your work email address.
Hound will need a work email address, so a Gmail or Hotmail account won't work. After you've entered it, click on "GET ACCESS."
Create an account.
On the following page, complete the account registration form and click on "SIGN UP."
Once you've successfully logged in, you can start the job posting process.
Hound vs. Find a Job:
Both Hound and Find a Job are free job posting sites, but Find a Job is exclusive to the U.K., while Hound is a global site that focuses more on a U.S. audience. Find a Job offers employers a Welsh language option, which Hound does not, but Hound includes job posts for Northern Ireland, while the U.K. government offers a separate site.
Hound vs. WhatJobs?:
WhatJobs? and Hound both offer free and paid job posting options. However, while Hound has fixed pricing plans, WhatJobs? offers more flexibility as users can set their own cost-per-click budgets to promote job postings. Unlike Hound, WhatJobs? has a dedicated site for the U.K.
Hound vs. Indeed:
Both Hound and Indeed offer free and paid job posting plans. Indeed offers a dedicated U.K. page while Hound only offers a U.K. search filter for job seekers. Both sites feature a resume database which, while free to search, requires payment to view or download any resumes. Indeed does not share posts to other job boards, which Hound does.
Jan 01, 2007
286 W. 100 North, Ephraim, UT, 84627 USA
How much does it cost to post a job on Hound?
Hound offers a free trial as well as a free basic posting plan. Paid plans range from US$199.00 to US$1,249.00 per month.
How can I edit a Hound job posting?
To edit your job posting on Hound, sign in to your account and navigate to your list of job postings. From there, open the posting you would like to edit. Then you can change any information in the posting before saving the changes.
Does Hound promote my job post on other platforms?
Hound lists jobs that are extracted from employer websites and online job boards. Your job post will appear on the original job posting site as well as on Hound.
When is the best time to post a job on Hound?
Ideally, you should post your job four months before the start date. This will give you sufficient time to screen and interview candidates, and enable a seamless recruitment and onboarding process.
How can I delete a Hound job posting?
Hover over the posting in your list and click on the "Delete" button to remove it.
Does Hound offer employers assistance with candidate interviews?
No, Hound does not assist employers with candidate interviews.
How do I create a Hound account?
If you want a Hound account where you can post and manage Hound job postings, go to Hound.com and click on "Try it Out" to get started. All you need to start using the site is a business email address.