Hound is a general job board and aggregator for North America where employers can post their job ads while the platform mines thousands of employer websites for job openings. Although they are a North American site, they only seem to collect jobs from U.S. employer websites.
Hound offers employers a multitude of benefits, including sharing posts to other job boards, candidate management tools, and job posting tips, but they lack dedicated features for Canadian employers. The website is geared toward a U.S. audience with no local offices, French language translation, or 24/7 customer support.
- Hound is both a job posting site and a job aggregator, whereas other sites, such as Google for Jobs and Job Bank only offer one of these options.
- Unlike Google for Jobs, Hound requires no input from employers when aggregating job postings.
- Hound offers a free trial and a basic plan that is free for up to 20 job posts.
- The platform shares job ads with over 500 other job sites and social media.
- Employers can post directly to paid job boards through their Hound account.
- The site aggregates jobs from employer websites.
- The platform features a resume database that is free to search.
- Posted jobs are featured in job alert emails sent to job seekers.
- The site features candidate management and applicant tracking tools.
- Customer support is available by phone, live chat, and email.
- There is no dedicated Canadian site; the job board is aimed at a U.S. audience.
- Pricing is only available in U.S. dollars.
- Employers are automatically charged at the end of their free trial.
- Employers can only register with their business email; Gmail and Hotmail accounts are not accepted.
- Posting to paid job boards requires an additional fee.
- While the resume database is free to search, employers must pay to view or download resumes.
- Memberships can only be canceled by phone.
- Call centers are only available from 9am to 5pm Pacific Standard Time.
- The free basic account does not include posting to other job boards.
- There is no French language option.
Hound has received more than two dozen customer reviews on Sitejabber, most of which are negative, with a total rating of 1.3 out of 5 stars. These reviews are mostly from job seekers and revolve around poor customer service, difficulty canceling accounts, and job ads being fake.
Hound vs. Eluta.ca:
Both Hound and Eluta.ca offer free job posting options. Unlike Eluta.ca, Hound shares posts to over 500 job boards and social media sites. Eluta.ca, on the other hand, is dedicated to the Canadian workforce, while Hound's main focus is on the U.S. workforce.
Hound vs. Job Bank:
While Hound is a global job posting site with free and paid plans, Job Bank is a completely free Canadian site with a French language option. It only features Canadian jobs and does not offer any paid, sponsored job posting options. Hound also collects jobs from employer sites and displays them on Hound, which Job Bank does not.
Hound vs. Indeed:
Both Hound and Indeed offer free and paid job posting plans. Indeed offers a dedicated Canadian page while Hound only offers a Canadian search filter for job seekers. Indeed also offers a French language option, which Hound lacks. However, Indeed does not share posts to other job boards, which Hound does.