Free and paid options.
Resume database access
Applicant tracking system
Job post distribution
Automated candidate matching
Wellfound is a popular global tech startup network and its recruiting tool has assisted over 100,000 startup companies of all sizes to hire tech talent. Canadian employers can post unlimited jobs at no cost and global job seekers can explore over 100,000 tech and startup job opportunities for free.
The site was launched in the U.S. in 2010 and is located in San Fransisco. While Wellfound may not have local offices, they regard Canada as one of the most attractive startup markets. Wellfound caters to a local and an international audience and is a good choice if you're looking to attract a global workforce to your jobs in Canada.
- Employers are connected with Wellfound's international network of over 8 million users.
- The platform offers unlimited free and paid global job posting plans.
- Free job listings include company profiles and logos.
- Paid plans include promoted job posting options.
- Employers can access profiles of over 8 million local and global job seekers.
- Local tech startups can list their remote job positions and attract global applications.
- The site features free brand promotion pages.
- Employers receive inbound applications from active job seekers.
- Advanced search filters help employers to find passive candidates.
- The site offers built-in applicant tracking system (ATS) compatibility.
- The site only caters to tech startup companies.
- There is no dedicated job posting site for Canadian employers.
- Prices are only available in U.S. dollars.
- They don't offer automated candidate matching, job post distribution, or social media promotion.
- French-speaking Canadian employers need to post their jobs via the global English site.
Under its former brand name, AngelList, Wellfound received mixed reviews from users. While several reviews on Trustpilot are negative, some users considered the platform to be an effective way to connect businesses with talent. One user said they think the platform could do more to monitor activity and alert users to expired posts or applications.
Recruit - Pro*
Recruit - Pro+
Recruit - Team
Contact for quote.
*Employers can add Curated, a premium add-on product, to their plan.
Wellfound vs. CIPS Job Board:
Wellfound and the CIPS Job Board differ in that Wellfound allows unlimited free and paid tech startup job posting, whereas the latter only offers paid plans starting at C$300.00 per post. Wellfound has a wide global reach, while the CIPS Job Board is a local niche site for tech jobs, offering more targeted hiring solutions.
Wellfound vs. BetaKit:
Wellfound focuses on global tech start-up company jobs, while BetaKit is an independent online news platform that caters to the Canadian tech and startup industries. Wellfound offers free and paid job posting plans, whereas BetaKit's pricing starts at C$300.00 for a single job posting.
Wellfound vs. ITjobs.ca:
Wellfound primarily serves the global tech startup environment and offers employers free and paid job posting plans. In comparison, ITjobs.ca is affiliated with the Jobs.ca site and features a local technology, software engineering, and IT job board, with prices starting at C$325.00 for a single job post.
How much does it cost to post a job on Wellfound?
Wellfound's pricing options include free, unlimited job postings. Their paid plans start at US$349.00 per month.
How do I register an Wellfound account?
- Navigate to the Wellfound home page.
- Click on "Sign Up" in the top-right corner of the page.
- Fill in the online form, including your full name, email address, and a password.
- Click on the "Sign Up" button beneath the form.
- Verify your account information via email to activate your account.
Is Wellfound any good?
As a site for finding new employees for your start-up, Wellfound offers great features. Canadian employers can post unlimited global jobs for free, access millions of profiles, use a tool to find passive candidates, and track applicants. If you're not a start-up tech company, however, it might not be the right choice.