Free and paid options.
Resume database access
Applicant tracking system
Job post distribution
Automated candidate matching
Headquartered in San Fransisco Bay, Wellfound has a strong local foothold, while also offering U.S. employers international reach. Employers looking to attract both local and global job seekers to their tech startup positions should consider this site.
Wellfound's extensive global tech startup network and recruitment tools have assisted over 100,000 startup companies of all sizes to hire tech talent. U.S. employers can post unlimited jobs at no cost and global job seekers can explore over 100,000 tech and startup job opportunities for free.
- The platform offers unlimited free and paid global job posting plans.
- Free job listings include company profiles and logos.
- Paid plans include promoted job posting options.
- Employers can access a database of more than 8 million candidate profiles.
- Employers receive inbound applications from active job seekers.
- Advanced search filters help employers find passive candidates.
- The site provides built-in applicant tracking system (ATS) compatibility.
- Global tech startups can list their remote job positions.
- The site only caters to tech startup companies.
- They don't offer automated candidate matching, job post distribution, or social media promotion.
Under its former brand name, AngelList, Wellfound received mixed reviews from users. User reviews on Quora are mostly positive and AngelList is seen as a great place for startups to connect with skilled tech workers.
On Sitejabber, however, some users claim that jobs are outdated, while others complain about poor customer support and that the site’s design isn’t user-friendly.
Recruit - Pro*
From $249.00 /mo.
Recruit - Team*
Contact for quote.
*Employers can add Curated, a premium add-on product, to their plan.
How to Post a Job on Wellfound:
Three easy steps for posting a job on Wellfound.
Posting a job on Wellfound.
Click on "For companies."
From the Wellfound home page, click on "For companies" in the page menu.
Create an account.
On the next page, click on the "Sign Up" button toward the top-right corner of the page, add your details to the online form, and click on "Sign up."
Verify your information via email to activate your account.
On your dasboard, click on "Let's get started" and follow the prompts to set up your account.
Create and post your job.
Complete the online form with information about your job vacancy. When you're done, click on "Publish this job" toward the bottom of the page.
Wellfound vs. Authentic Jobs:
Wellfound and Authentic Jobs are similar in that they both cater to the international tech community. Wellfound, however, exclusively focuses on tech startup jobs, while Authentic Jobs covers all IT roles. Wellfound offers free and paid options, whereas Authentic Jobs's prices for a single job posting start at $149.00 per month.
Wellfound vs. Dice:
Both Wellfound and Dice have a technology focus, but Wellfound has a global reach, whereas Dice only features U.S. jobs. Wellfound features a free job posting option, whereas Dice only offers paid plans starting at $250.00 for 5-10 job posts a month, making Dice the more costly option. Dice offers candidate matching, whereas Wellfound does not.
Wellfound vs. TechFetch:
Wellfound and TechFetch differ in that Wellfound is aimed at startup companies and features a candidate database with more than 8 million profiles, while TechFetch connects the U.S. tech-force with jobs in the U.S. and abroad. TechFetch's annual subscription packages start at $1,799.00, whereas Wellfound offers free and paid job posting plans.
What is Wellfound?
Wellfound is a popular international tech startup community that offers a range of hiring tools, free and paid job posting options, and a searchable candidate database.
How much does it cost to post a job on Wellfound?
Wellfound's pricing options include free, unlimited job postings. Their paid plans start at $249.00 per month.
How do I register an Wellfound account?
- Navigate to the Wellfound home page.
- Click on "Sign Up" in the top-right corner of the page.
- Fill in the online form, including your full name, email address, and a password.
- Click on the "Sign Up" button beneath the form.
- Verify your account information via email to activate your account.
Is Wellfound any good?
Wellfound is a great site for U.S. employers to find professionals for a start-up tech company. Employers can post jobs, access millions of profiles, and use a range of convenient hiring tools, including an applicant tracking system. However, it might not be the right choice for you if you aren't in the start-up tech space.