Free and paid options.
Resume database access
Applicant tracking system
Job post distribution
Automated candidate matching
Wellfound is a popular global tech startup network and its recruiting tool has assisted over 100,000 startup companies of all sizes to hire tech talent. Millions of local and international job seekers visit the site to explore over 100,000 tech and startup job opportunities for free.
Although Wellfound is based in the U.S., the site allows Australian employers to post unlimited jobs at no cost, allowing them to extend their recruitment drive to not only reach local tech talent but also international job seekers.
- Employers are connected with Wellfound's international network of over 8 million users.
- The platform offers unlimited free and paid global job posting plans.
- Free job listings include company profiles and logos.
- Paid plans include promoted job posting options.
- Employers can access the profiles of over 8 million candidates.
- The site offers job seekers a job board dedicated to vacant positions at Australian startups.
- Employers can easily recruit remote job seekers from all over the world.
- The site features free employer branding pages.
- Employers receive inbound applications from active local and global job seekers.
- The site features built-in applicant tracking system (ATS) compatibility.
- The site only caters to tech startup companies.
- No dedicated job posting site for Australian employers to post their ads is featured.
- Prices are only available in U.S. dollars.
- They don't offer automated candidate matching, job post distribution, or social media promotion.
Under its former brand name, AngelList, Wellfound received mixed reviews from users. User reviews on Quora are mostly positive and AngelList is seen as a great place for startups to connect with skilled tech workers.
On Sitejabber, however, some users claim that jobs are outdated, while others complain about poor customer support and that the site’s design isn’t user-friendly.
Recruit - Pro*
From US$249.00 /mo.
Recruit - Team*
Contact for quote.
*Employers can add Curated, a premium add-on product, to their plan.
How to Post a Job on Wellfound:
Three easy steps for posting a job on Wellfound.
Posting a job on Wellfound.
Click on "For companies."
From the Wellfound home page, click on "For companies" in the page menu.
Create an account.
On the next page, click on the "Sign Up" button toward the top-right corner of the page, add your details to the online form, and click on "Sign up."
Verify your information via email to activate your account.
On your dasboard, click on "Let's get started" and follow the prompts to set up your account.
Create and post your job.
Complete the online form with information about your job vacancy. When you're done, click on "Publish this job" toward the bottom of the page.
Wellfound vs. ICTCareer:
Wellfound focuses on global tech startups, while ICTCareer is an Australia-based information and communications technology hub for news, jobs, conferences, events, and education opportunities. Wellfound allows unlimited free and paid job postings, whereas ICTCareer charges A$180.00 +GST for a single job advert.
Wellfound vs. TechSydney:
Wellfound caters to the global tech startup space and offers free and paid job postings and access to job seeker profiles. While TechSydney is also a tech hub with a focus on startups and offers a free job posting service, its audience is much smaller but highly targeted, as the site caters to the tech market in Sydney specifically.
Wellfound vs. SEEK:
While SEEK advertises general vacancies throughout Australia, Wellfound serves both the local and international tech startup job market. SEEK is more popular amongst local employers but does not offer the same targeted hiring solutions as Wellfound. Unlike Wellfound, SEEK only offers paid job posting options.
What is Wellfound?
Wellfound is a popular international tech startup community. Australian startup companies can use Wellfound to build their tech teams. The site offers a range of hiring tools, free and paid job posting options, and a searchable candidate database.
How much does it cost to post a job on Wellfound?
Wellfound's pricing options include free, unlimited job postings. Their paid plans start at US$249.00 per month.
How do I register an Wellfound account?
- Navigate to the Wellfound home page.
- Click on "Sign Up" in the top-right corner of the page.
- Fill in the online form, including your full name, email address, and a password.
- Click on the "Sign Up" button beneath the form.
- Verify your account information via email to activate your account.
Is Wellfound any good?
Wellfound is a great site for Australian employers to find professionals for a start-up tech company. You can post unlimited global jobs for free, track applicants, access millions of profiles, and find passive candidates. However, it might not be the right choice for you if you aren't in the start-up tech space.