Jora allows employers to post up to 10 free job ads per month. It also provides the option to sponsor job ads with a minimum commitment of A$500 +GST per month. For this to be worth your while, you should have at least 20 vacancies you're looking to fill at any one time.
Jora is a worldwide job aggregator that is completely free for job seekers and employers. Jora's Australia-specific website provides job seekers with updated and searchable job openings that have been sourced from websites across the country. Jobs can be searched by category, keyword, or location. Jora also has a mobile app for added convenience.
For employers, Jora offers both free and paid job posting options. The platform also features XML integration and a native iOS and Android application. The website receives over 3 million views every month and, at the time of writing, lists over 450,000 local jobs, making it a valuable hiring resource for Australian employers.
- Jora allows employers to post up to 10 free job ads per month.
- The platform aggregates job ads from partner job boards and career sites.
- Job ads are reviewed and screened to ensure that they are not fraudulent.
- The platform features XML feed integration.
- Jora offers paid plans to increase the exposure of job ads.
- The website operates in 36 countries worldwide.
- Jora features native mobile apps for both iOS and Android.
- The platform has a dedicated Australian career portal.
- The website features a blog with helpful resources for both employers and job seekers.
- The paid plans are costly with the minimum commitment for sponsored ads being A$500 +GST per month.
- The platform lacks a resume database of candidates.
- Jora does not promote listings on any social media channels.
- The site lacks advanced recruitment features, such as applicant tracking and candidate screening tools.
User reviews for Jora have been mostly positive. On TrustPilot, Australian users have commented on how effective and easy the site is to use and find jobs.
How to Post a Job on Jora:
Five easy steps for posting a job on Jora.
Posting a Job on Jora.
Navigate to the Jora home page.
From the home page, click on "Go to Employer site" in the top-right corner of the page.
Create your employer account.
On the next page, click on the "Sign up" link. Fill out the online form with your details and click on "Sign up" toward the bottom of the page.
Create your job post.
Fill out the online form with your vacancy details. Once complete, click on "Next" toward the bottom of the page.
Use Betterteam's job description template to help structure your job post.
Add information about your business.
Complete the online form with your businesses details, such as your business address, industry, and business size.
Post your job ad.
Once you've added your business information, click on "Post Job" toward the bottom of the page.
Jora vs. Indeed:
Both Jora and Indeed provide international job seekers with extensive job search engines. Both platforms offer free and paid job posting options, but only Indeed offers extensive resources for employers and job seekers, making it the more attractive option. Indeed also receives significantly more website traffic than Jora.
Jora vs. SEEK:
Jora's job search engine is partnered with SEEK. Both have headquarters in Australia. While Jora caters to job seekers in 36 countries around the world, SEEK's main focus is on jobs in Australia and New Zealand. Employers can post up to 10 job adverts for free on Jora, whereas SEEK offers variable pricing that is dependent on the job title and location.
Jora vs. jobactive:
Like Jora, jobactive — a job site provided by the Australian government and powered by JobSearch — offers the ability to post jobs for free. Unlike Jora, jobactive offers a range of resources and services to assist employers with their recruitment activities. While jobactive is limited to the Australian market, Jora is a worldwide job aggregator.
What is Jora?
Jora is an Australia-based search engine for jobs. Jora is unlike traditional platforms, as users are able to search through thousands of career opportunities accumulated from many job sites from across Australia.
What does it cost to post a job on Jora?
Jora offers both free and paid options. Ad sponsorships entail a minimum commitment of A$500.00 +GST per month.
How can I edit my Jora job advert?
When you create a job posting on Jora, you'll receive an email with a link to manage it. You can edit your title and job description from there.
How do I delete my Jora job ads?
The email you received from Jora when you created your job has a link that will allow you to delete your posting.
How can I create a Jora account?
- Go to the Jora home page.
- Click on "Log in" in the top-right corner of the page.
- Select "Employer."
- Click on the "Sign up" link.
- Enter your details and click on "Sign up."
Is Jora owned by SEEK?
No, Jora is partnering with SEEK to deliver more job opportunities.