Hound is predominately a North American job board and aggregator, but the site does operate internationally and allows Australian employers to post their vacancies for local job seekers to find. The job aggregator portion of the platform does not seem to operate in Australia just yet.
Hound does not offer local benefits that are geared towards Australian employers only, but does feature shared job posts, candidate management tools, job posting tips, and customer support. While the website is geared toward a U.S. audience, it has received a very low customer rating, mostly from job seekers on Sitejabber.
- Hound offers a free trial and a free basic plan, which is free for up to 20 job posts.
- The platform offers sponsored posting options.
- The site shares job ads to over 500 other job sites and social media.
- Employers can reach a wide talent pool with Hound's international reach, unlike when using local sites such as jobactive.
- Employers can post directly to paid job boards through their Hound account.
- There are no advertisements on the page.
- The site offers daily advice and news for job seekers, as well as job posting tips for employers.
- It features a resume database that is free to search.
- Posted jobs are featured in job alert emails sent to job seekers.
- It features candidate management and applicant tracking tools.
- Customer support is available by phone, live chat, and email.
- There is no dedicated Australian site because the job board is aimed at a U.S. audience.
- Pricing is only available in U.S. dollars.
- Employers are automatically charged at the end of their free trial.
- While the resume database is free to search, employers will need to pay to view or download resumes.
- Posting to paid job boards requires an additional fee.
- Memberships can only be canceled by phone.
- Employers can only register using their work email addresses; Gmail and Hotmail accounts are not accepted.
- Call centers are only available from 9am to 5pm Pacific Standard Time.
- The free basic account does not include posting to other job boards.
- Any tips and advice posted are geared toward a U.S. workforce.
Hound has received 26 customer reviews on Sitejabber, the majority of which are negative, with a total rating of 1.3 out of 5 stars. These reviews are mostly from job seekers and revolve around poor customer service, difficulty canceling accounts, and job ads being fake.
How to Post a Job on Hound:
Four easy steps for posting a job on Hound.
Posting a job on Hound.
Click on "POST JOB" on the home page.
You'll find this just to the right of center on the Hound home page.
Enter your work email address.
Hound will need a work email address, so a Gmail or Hotmail account won't work. After you've entered it, click on "Get Started."
Fill in the job information in the form.
Add basic information, including your name, position name, and job description.
Click on "POST YOUR JOB."
This is the final step. Be sure to review your information before posting.
Hound vs. jobactive:
While both Hound and jobactive are free, general job boards, Hound is a global site, despite being more geared toward a U.S. audience, while jobactive caters exclusively to the Australian workforce. Both sites offer employer tips and advice, but jobactive's tips are more relevant for Australia.
Hound vs. Locanto:
Like Hound, Locanto is a global job posting site that offers both free and paid posting plans. However, Locanto is more affordable with pricing ranging from A$4.00 a month to A$61.00 for three months, compared to Hound's pricing which starts at US$199.00 a month. Locanto also offers a dedicated Australian page, which Hound lacks.
How much does it cost to post a job on Hound?
Hound offers a free trial as well as a free basic posting plan. Paid plans range from US$199.00 to US$1,249.00 per month.
How can I edit a Hound job posting?
To edit your job posting on Hound, sign in to your account and navigate to your list of job postings. From there, open the posting you would like to edit. Then you can change any information in the posting before saving the changes.
Does Hound promote my job post on other platforms?
Hound lists jobs that are extracted from employer websites and online job boards. Your job post will appear on the original job posting site as well as on Hound.
When is the best time to post a job on Hound?
How can I delete a Hound job posting?
Hover over the posting in your list and click on the "Delete" button to remove it.
Does Hound offer employers assistance with candidate interviews?
No, Hound does not assist employers with candidate interviews.
How do I create a Hound account?
If you want a Hound account where you can post and manage Hound job postings, go to Hound.com and click on "Try it Out" to get started. All you need to start using the site is a business email address.