Workabout Australia offers an employer membership for A$175.00 +GST per year.
Workabout Australia is designed specifically for companies in search of traveling workers in a wide range of industries, such as hospitality, retail, transport, recreation, and more. Thanks to its user-friendly online dashboard, employers can post, update, and manage their vacancies with ease.
While the job board is a valuable resource for users in search of part-time and seasonal talent, it is quite basic and does not offer many of the advanced hiring tools its competitors have, such as resume database access, social media promotion, and job distribution.
- The platform caters exclusively to local traveling workers in search of part-time, seasonal, casual, and short-term jobs.
- Employers can add their company logo to job posts to aid brand awareness.
- Listings stay live on the site until filled.
- The site's membership plan includes unlimited job posts.
- Employers can manage their listings from a simple online dashboard.
- Vacancies are added to the platform's weekly email bulletin for added exposure.
- The platform offers job post writing assistance.
- Unlike many of its competitors, the platform lacks resume searches, featured listings, and job distribution.
- The job board does not feature a one-off job posting option.
- Vacancies aren't shared to the site's social media pages.
- There is no free job posting plan available.
While we were unable to find any online reviews of Workabout Australia, there are several handpicked client testimonials on their website.
How to Post a Job on Workabout Australia:
Three easy steps for posting a job on Workabout Australia.
Posting a job on Workabout Australia.
Go to Workabout Australia's home page.
From the home page, hover over "ABOUT US," select "THE CLUB," and click on "EMPLOYER LISTING SERVICE" in the drop-down menu.
Purchase a membership.
Scroll down and click on the green button that reads "REGISTER YOUR DETAILS TO GET STARTED." On the next page, click on "Sign up now" and select "View Cart" to proceed.
Review your order and click on "Proceed to Checkout" to complete your purchase.
Create and post your listing.
Once your payment has been processed, you'll be able to create and post your vacancy from your dashboard.
Workabout Australia vs. Backpacker Job Board:
Like Workabout Australia, Backpacker Job Board caters to local traveling workers. While Workabout Australia offers a paid annual subscription with unlimited job posts, Backpacker Job Board has a free job posting plan, making it a budget-friendly choice. Backpacker Job Board also offers social media promotion, which Workabout Australia lacks.
Workabout Australia vs. Backdoorjobs.com:
Workabout Australia and Backdoorjobs.com both advertise a wide range of local seasonal and part-time work, but the latter has an international reach and offers a better variety of hiring tools, including social media promotion and featured listings. However, Workabout Australia is the better choice for companies in search of locally-based talent.
Workabout Australia vs. Adunza:
Adzuna is a popular local job board that advertises general vacancies for both full-time and part-time job seekers. Compared to Workabout Australia, the platform has a larger reach and is more feature-rich, offering candidate matching tools and applicant tracking integration. However, Workabout Australia is the better option for targeted hiring.
What is Workabout Australia?
Workabout Australia is a niche job board that helps employers find and hire traveling workers in search of part-time, casual, and seasonal vacancies throughout the country.
What does it cost to post a job on Workabout Australia?
The platform offers an employer membership for A$175.00 +GST per year. Members can then place unlimited job postings.