Free and paid options.
Locanto is a German-owned classifieds website that allows employers to list a wide variety of general vacancies in Australia and abroad. The platform is free to use but offers several paid posting plans that ensure job posts are 10 times more likely to be seen.
While Locanto is not a traditional job board and lacks certain hiring services, it's a good option for local employers looking to maximize their listing's exposure at affordable rates. Job seekers can filter jobs by type and location to connect with local employers.
- The site offers a free job posting service.
- Locanto gives Australian employers a budget-friendly approach to finding and hiring talent.
- The platform's top job categories include finance, administration, transportation, education, law, and healthcare.
- Employers can upgrade their listing to appear at the top of users’ search results or their ad gallery.
- The "Premium Ad" option highlights the listing, gives it a "Premium" badge, and removes third-party advertisements.
- Job seekers can filter vacancies by job type and location to connect with local employers.
- The platform features a dedicated Australian website.
- Locanto gives companies access to both local and international candidates.
- The site is mobile-optimized.
- Locanto is not a traditional job board, which might deter job seekers from visiting the site.
- The platform does not share listings to social media channels.
- Vacancies aren't distributed to other job boards.
- There is no resume database available.
- The site makes no mention of advanced hiring tools, such as candidate matching or applicant tracking.
While we were unable to find any online reviews of Locanto's job posting services, the website has a rating of 2.5 stars based on over 180 reviews on Sitejabber. Most users warned against potential scam accounts on the site.
On Trustpilot, Locanto has a rating of 2.8 out of 5 stars based on more than 45 reviews. Around 60% of users rate the site as "Bad," while just over 30% rate it as "Excellent."
Locanto allows employers to place standard job ads for free. The platform also offers a number of premium ads for increased exposure, as well as a premium account option.
How to Post a Job on Locanto:
Three easy steps for posting a job on Locanto.
Posting a job on Locanto.
Start the job posting process.
Navigate to Locanto's home page and click on "Post free ad" toward the top-right corner of the screen.
Create an account.
Ensure the "Register" tab is selected in the pop-up window and click on "Continue with Google" or "Continue here" beneath the text "No Google account?"
If choosing the latter, enter your email address and click on "Register now."
Follow the activation link sent to you via email.
Add a username and password.
Then, click on "Set Up Premium Account" or "No thanks! Set up basic account and log in," depending on your account preference.
For this how-to guide, we selected to set up a basic account.
Create and post your job ad.
After your account has been verified, you'll be redirected to your dashboard. Click on "Post an ad" in the left menu bar.
Enter your job title and click on "Proceed."
Select Jobs in the category list and then select your job category.
Verify your phone number.
Complete the job posting form.
Preview your posting for accuracy. When you are ready, click on "Post your ad" in the bottom-right corner.
Locanto vs. Craigslist:
Locanto and Craigslist are both classifieds websites with job posting capabilities. While both sites allow employers to list vacancies for free in Australia, Locanto is the more popular option for local hiring. However, Craigslist features resume searches, which Locanto lacks.
Locanto vs. Gumtree Jobs:
Similar to Locanto, Gumtree Jobs is a classifieds website that allows employers to post jobs throughout Australia and abroad. Of the two platforms, Gumtree Jobs is more feature-rich, offering employer branding, a dedicated account manager, and an applicant tracking system. Both sites have a free posting plan with featured upgrades available.
Locanto vs. SEEK:
SEEK is a popular Australian job board that advertises a wide range of general vacancies. In comparison, Locanto is a classifieds website that allows employers to list general jobs. While SEEK's pricing is dependent on the job title and location, Locanto is a free job posting service with paid upgrades, making it a more budget-friendly option.
Jan 01, 2006
Bahnstr. 2, 65205 Wiesbaden, Germany
How can I create a Locanto account?
- Navigate to Locanto's home page, and click on "Log in/Register" in the top-right corner.
- Click on "Register."
- Click on "Register now" toward the bottom of the pop-up window.
- Continue with your Google account or sign up with your email address by clicking on "Continue here" and following the prompts.
What does it cost to post a job on Locanto?
Locanto offers a free job posting service with various paid upgrades available.
How can I edit a Locanto job posting?
- Log in to your Locanto account.
- From your dashboard, hover over "My Ads" and select "Edit ads."
- Click on "Edit" beneath the job posting you would like to change.
- Update your post and click on "Update ad" in the bottom-right corner.
How can I delete a Locanto job posting?
- Log in to your Locanto account.
- Click on the "My Ads" tab in the top menu bar.
- Click on "Delete" beneath the post that you would like to remove.
- Click on "Delete ad" to confirm your decision.