Free and paid options.
Locanto is a German-owned classifieds website that allows employers to list a wide variety of general vacancies in Australia and abroad. The platform is free to use but offers several paid posting plans that ensure job posts are 10 times more likely to be seen.
While Locanto is not a traditional job board and lacks certain hiring services, it's a good option for local employers looking to maximize their listing's exposure at affordable rates.
- Locanto gives Australian employers a budget-friendly approach to finding and hiring talent.
- The platform's top job categories include finance, administration, transportation, education, law, and healthcare.
- The site offers a free job posting service.
- Employers can upgrade their listing to appear at the top of users’ search results or their ad gallery.
- The "Premium Ad" option highlights the listing, gives it a "Premium" badge, and removes third-party advertisements.
- Locanto gives companies access to both local and international candidates.
- The site is mobile-optimized.
- Locanto is not a traditional job board, which might deter job seekers from visiting the site.
- The platform does not share listings to their social media channels.
- Vacancies aren't distributed to other job boards.
- There is no resume database available.
- The site makes no mention of advanced hiring tools, such as candidate matching or applicant tracking.
While we were unable to find any online reviews of Locanto's job posting services, the website has a rating of 2.5 stars out of 5 based on more than 167 reviews on Sitejabber. Most users warned against potential scam accounts on the site.
On TrustPilot, Locanto has a rating of 2.5 out of 5 stars based on more than 35 reviews. Around 65% of users rate the site as "Bad," while only 26% rate it as "Excellent."
From A$2.95 /mo.
From A$11.00 /post.
From A$11.00 /post.
Premium Ad - 1 Week
Premium Ad - 3 Months
How to Post a Job on Locanto:
Four easy steps for posting a job on Locanto.
Posting a job on Locanto.
Start the job posting process.
Navigate to Locanto's home page and click on "Post free ad" toward the top-right corner of the screen.
Name your ad.
On the next page, enter the title of your listing and click on "Proceed."
From the category list, select "Jobs." A list of industries will appear. Find and select your industry.
Create an account.
To create an account, click on "Register in 20 seconds." Alternatively, click on "Continue with Google" to register with your Google account.
On the next page, add your telephone number to receive a verification code.
Create and post your job ad.
After your account has been verified, you'll be redirected to the online job posting form. Enter your vacancy's details and click on "Preview" to check for any errors. Then, click on "Post your ad" in the bottom-right corner to publish your job ad.
Locanto vs. Craigslist:
Locanto and Craigslist are both classifieds websites with job posting capabilities. While both sites allow employers to list vacancies for free in Australia, Locanto is the more popular option for local hiring. However, Craigslist features resume searches, which Locanto lacks.
Locanto vs. Gumtree:
Similar to Locanto, Gumtree is a classifieds website that allows employers to post jobs throughout Australia and abroad. Of the two platforms, Gumtree is more feature-rich, offering employer branding, a dedicated account manager, and an applicant tracking system. Both sites have a free posting plan with featured upgrades available.
Locanto vs. SEEK:
SEEK is a popular Australian job board that advertises a wide range of general vacancies. In comparison, Locanto is a classifieds website that allows employers to list general jobs. While SEEK's pricing is dependent on the job title and location, Locanto is a free job posting service with paid upgrades, making it a more budget-friendly option.
How can I create a Locanto account?
- Navigate to Locanto's home page, and click on "Log in/Register" in the top-right corner.
- Click on "Register in 20 seconds."
- Enter your email address and click on "Register now."
- To activate your account, verify your telephone number.
What does it cost to post a job on Locanto?
Locanto offers a free job posting service with various paid upgrades available.
How can I edit a Locanto job posting?
- Log in to your Locanto account.
- From your dashboard, hover over "My Ads" and select "Edit My Ads."
- Click on the edit icon on the job posting you would like to change.
- Update your post and click on "Update your Posting" in the bottom-right corner.
How can I delete a Locanto job posting?
Under "My Ads," click on the delete icon on the job posting you want to remove.