Free and paid options.
Resume database access
Applicant tracking tools
Established in 2006, Locanto is a German-owned classifieds website that Canadian employers can use to recruit local professionals in a range of industries. Locanto Jobs offers a free job posting service, as well as premium upgrades to increase job ad exposure. Canadian job seekers can filter jobs by type and location to connect with local employers.
While the platform is more affordable than most competitors, it is not exclusively a job board and job ads may get lost amid the other classified ads listed on the site. However, the site receives significant website traffic from Canada and is a good option for local employers looking to maximize their listing's exposure at affordable rates.
- The site offers a free job posting service.
- Locanto Jobs gives Canadian employers a budget-friendly approach to finding and hiring talent.
- The platform's top job categories include finance, administration, transportation, education, law, and healthcare.
- Employers can upgrade their listing to appear at the top of users’ search results or their ad gallery.
- The "Premium Ad" option highlights the listing, gives it a "Premium" badge, and removes third-party advertisements.
- Job seekers can filter vacancies by job type and location to connect with local employers.
- The platform features a dedicated Canadian website.
- Locanto Jobs gives companies access to both local and international candidates.
- The site is mobile-optimized.
- The website is available in both French and English.
- Locanto is not a traditional job board, which might deter job seekers from visiting the site.
- The platform does not share listings to social media channels.
- Vacancies aren't distributed to other job boards.
- There is no resume database available.
- The site makes no mention of advanced hiring tools, such as candidate matching or applicant tracking.
While we were unable to find any online reviews of Locanto's job posting services, the website has a 2.3-star rating based on over 190 reviews on Sitejabber. Most users warned against potential scam accounts on the site.
On Trustpilot, Locanto has a 3.1-star rating based on more than 50 reviews. Around 60% of users rate the site as "Bad," while just over 30% rate it as "Excellent."
Locanto Jobs vs. LinkedIn:
LinkedIn is the world's largest professional social network that features both free and paid job posting options. In addition, the platform offers flexible pay-per-click options to suit different hiring needs. While LinkedIn is not exclusively a job board, it gives employers access to a more focused audience of job seekers than Locanto Jobs.
Locanto Jobs vs. Craigslist:
Craigslist is a popular classified ads website that allows employers to post job vacancies. Locanto Jobs is a more affordable option thanks to its free job posting service; however, it lacks a resume database, which Craigslist offers for free. Both platforms allow users to target local communities throughout Canada.
Locanto Jobs vs. Job Bank:
Job Bank is the Canadian government's official website and features a completely free job posting service. Job Bank is exclusively a job board, whereas Locanto Jobs features a range of classified ads, which may make the former the better option for targeted hiring. However, Locanto Jobs offers paid job post upgrades, which Job Bank lacks.