Craigslist Job Posting Cost in Canada:
It is free to post a job on Craigslist Canada, except in Comox Valley, Fraser Valley, Nanaimo, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria, and Whistler/Squamish. Job posting prices in these regions are tiered at $10.00, $20.00, and $35.00 per post. Typically the larger the city, the more it costs to post a job.
Craigslist Job Posting Cost by City (CAD):
Comox Valley, BC
Fraser Valley, BC
Whistler / Squamish, BC
Craigslist Job Posting and Recruiting Tips:
- Use a specific job title.
- Prominently state your company name.
- Check your spelling and grammar.
- Clearly state the job skills, duties, and requirements.
- Don't use vague or generic wording.
- Remove non-essential responsibilities and qualifications.
- Send all candidates a set of screening questions.
- Check communication skills by having them answer questions via voicemail.
How to Post a Job on Craigslist:
Six easy steps for posting a job on Craigslist.
Posting a Job on Craigslist.
Go to Craigslist.org.
Navigate to the Craigslist home page.
Select a city.
Choose the city and province you want to target with your job post.
Click on "create a posting."
The "create a posting" button is in the top-left corner of the page.
Choose a posting type.
Choose one of the job posting options and click on "continue."
Choose a job category.
Select one or more categories for your job post.
Fill in your job details.
Add information such as the job title, description, compensation, and more.
Once you've created your job post, review it, click "publish," check for a verification email, and confirm. You will need to log in to your Craigslist account or create one in order to pay and confirm your job post.
How to Find Employees on Craigslist:
- Navigate to the Craigslist home page and click on the "jobs" section.
- On the next page, change the search filter from "jobs" to "CVs" or "services" to view posts by job seekers.
How to Search Resumes for Free on Craigslist:
- Navigate to craigslist.org.
- Select your city.
- At the bottom of the page, click "resumes."
- On the next page, you will be able to browse all the listed resumes in your city.
- If you want to search within resumes, enter a few keywords or a job title in the search bar.
- Select your preferred availability and education level on the left (optional).
- Click enter.
What is the difference between paid and free Craigslist job posts?
Paying for a Craigslist job post allows you to access features, including HTML formatting options, that can make your post look a bit nicer.
How much does it cost to post a job on Craigslist in Canada?
The cost to post a job on the Canadian Craigslist website ranges from $10.00 to $35.00 per job.
Can you post jobs for free on Craigslist Canada?
Yes, you can post jobs for free, except in certain regions.
How does the Craigslist job posting fee work?
Craigslist charges between $10.00 and $35.00 per job posting in Canada, depending on the city you want to post in. Unlike many other job posting services, there is no pay per click fee and no way to place your posts above others by paying extra.
What does the cost to post on Craigslist include?
The cost covers your basic post. Unlike job boards such as Indeed, you don't get access to applicant tracking, data about your posts, or cross posting to any other websites.
How do I create a job posting on Craigslist Canada?
- To create a job post, go to the Canadian Craigslist site and choose the city or province you want to post to.
- Click "create a posting."
- Click "job offered."
- If posting in your area is free, you will not see a price here.
- Choose a category for your job.
- Add a job description, map location, and relevant images.
- Confirm your posting via email, and you're set.
Is the Craigslist cost to post worth it?
How many Craigslist posts can you make?
The general rule, according to Craigslist, is that you can post to one category in each city every 48 hours. Your ads may also be blocked if you post two ads that are very similar in the same geographic area even after 48 hours have passed. Removing similar ads should allow you to post a new one.
How long does a Craigslist job posting last?
Paid Craigslist job postings last for 30 days. A free job posting on Craigslist lasts between 7 and 45 days, depending on your location.
Does Craigslist charge for job postings include tax?
At this time there does not appear to be a tax on these types of online services in Canada.
How do you post a job on Craigslist if your jobs get ghosted?
"Ghosted" refers to Craigslist allowing it to seem like your post has gone live, when they don't actually post it because it is suspected of being spam. If this happens, review what you're posting and make sure you are providing a clear, grammatically correct description of a real job.
Do you know how to post a job opening on Craigslist in other countries?
This is quite easy. Just go to craigslist.org/about/sites and look for the country, and then the city you want to post in and go through your normal process of posting a job on Craigslist.
How do I post a job on Craigslist for executive-level jobs?
This is uncommon. If you're asking how to place a job ad on Craigslist for these jobs, you might want to consider posting elsewhere first. That said, the key would be convincing potential applicants that the job is real, and not too good to be true. Include as much detail as possible and triple-check your grammar.
Is Craigslist free to post jobs in any major English speaking cities?
Yes, major English speaking cities in Canada, including Calgary, are still available for Craigslist free job postings.
Can I search resumes free on Craigslist?
Yes, you can search resumes for free.