It is free to post a job on Craigslist U.K.
Craigslist is a U.S.-based classified advertising platform that also caters to the U.K. It features city and region-specific pages. Unlike in the U.S., where only paid posts are offered, employers in the U.K. can post free local job ads.
Reviews from U.K. users reflect similar views as most global reviews, being mixed and citing both positive and negative experiences with the platform, although there are generally more of the latter. While it's a great, free option for local recruiting, it is not suited for posting executive-level jobs.
- The platform is easy to use.
- Employers in the U.K. can post jobs for free.
- Craigslist features area-specific pages allowing users to target audiences by location, which most other local employment portals, such as Find a job, do not.
- It is free to search resumes.
- The site is great for posting blue-collar jobs.
- The platform is not as popular in the U.K. as its competitor, Gumtree Jobs.
- There does not appear to be any local offices or local customer support channels.
- The site is not suited for posting executive-level jobs. For this, employers are better off with dedicated local employment sites like Find a job.
Customer reviews on Trustpilot, where the platform has a rating of 1.4 out of 5 stars, are overwhelmingly negative, with the most common grievances including a lack of customer support when it comes to flagged and removed posts, as well as spammy or scam-like posts and responses to ads.
Craigslist has a better customer rating on Sitejabber, where it's received 3.5 out of 5 stars. While Quora users also report coming across nonserious and suspicious user activity on Craigslist, the site is still regarded as a popular and easy-to-use platform for local classifieds.
How to Post a Job on Craigslist:
- Navigate to the Craigslist home page and select the city you want to target with your job post.
- Click on the "Post" button at the top of the page.
- Select "job offered" and click continue. Then select the industry/category for your job post and click "continue."
- Fill in your job posting details and click "continue."
- Upload images for your job post, and then proof and publish your draft.
How to Search Resumes for Free on Craigslist:"
- Navigate to craigslist.org.
- Select your city.
- At the bottom of the page, click "CVs."
- On the next page, you will be able to browse all the listed resumes in your city.
- If you want to search within resumes, enter a few keywords or a job title in the search bar.
- Select your preferred availability and education level on the left (optional).
- Click "enter."
Craigslist vs. Gumtree Jobs:
Compared to Gumtree Jobs, Craigslist is the more affordable option, allowing for free job ads, but offers less reach. The advantage Gumtree Jobs offers U.K. employers is a much larger audience, as Gumtree Jobs is the most popular and most visited online classifieds portal in the U.K.
Craigslist vs. LinkedIn:
While Craigslist is a great platform for local jobs and freelance work, LinkedIn, a global social network for professionals, is best for finding candidates for senior roles.
Craigslist vs. Find a job:
Find a job is a job portal provided by the U.K. government. Like Craigslist, it allows for free postings, but unlike Craigslist, it is a dedicated employment site. As a well-known local careers portal, Find a job offers a trusted platform for job seekers and employers to connect.