Single 30-Day Job Ad
30-Day Urgent Package
30-Day Booster Package
3 Job Multi-Buy
5 Credit Multi-Buy
10 Credit Multi-Buy
30-Day Platinum Package
Gumtree Jobs is a good option for hiring locally. More than 1 million job seekers visit the site every month and it is more cost-effective than other popular local job boards such as Totaljobs and Reed.co.uk. The platform has a built-in applicant tracking system and has 35 job categories for employers to advertise in.
However, other job boards offer more features such as candidate matching, screening, company branding, and access to a resume database. And if you need to reach an international audience, there are better options than Gumtree.
- Over a million job seekers in the U.K. visit the Gumtree website every month.
- The average job post response time is 12 hours.
- Once you've created a job post you can save it as a template.
- The platform has a built-in applicant tracking system.
- Ads can be boosted.
- Registration is quick and easy.
- Help is offered in the form of an in-depth FAQ section, email, and phone support.
- Gumtree Jobs has 35 job categories.
- The platform is more affordable than Totaljobs, Reed.co.uk, and CV-Library.
- Gumtree's headquarters are in London.
- There is no accessible resume database.
- Gumtree Jobs does not use its considerable social media following to promote jobs.
- There is no candidate matching feature.
- Company branding opportunities are only available on the 30-day Platinum and Urgent packages.
- There are no free job posting options for U.K. employers.
- There is no candidate screening tool.
There are over 7,000 reviews of Gumtree on Trustpilot but they deal mostly with buying and selling goods on the platform, not with advertising jobs. They have a score of 3.8 out of 5 stars.
The same goes for Sitejabber, where they have a rating of 1.2 out of 5 stars, based on more than 70 reviews. We were unable to find any independent online reviews of Gumtree Jobs.
How to Post a Job on Gumtree Jobs:
- Go to the Gumtree Jobs website.
- Click on the "Login/Register" button toward the top-right corner of the page.
- Select the "REGISTER" tab and create an account.
- Verify your account via email and log in.
- Click on "Post an ad."
- Click on "Post a job on Gumtree."
- Select a job posting package.
- Complete a series of online forms with details about the job.
- Select optional upgrades.
- Click on "Continue to payment," select a payment method, and complete the purchase.
Gumtree Jobs vs. Indeed:
Indeed is great for international hiring. It also offers features lacking on Gumtree Jobs, including built-in screening and a resume database. Gumtree Jobs is best for hiring locally since it's based in the U.K. and gets over 1 million views per month. While Gumtree charges upwards of £14.95 +VAT per month, Indeed offers both free and paid posts.
Gumtree Jobs vs. Reed.co.uk:
Reed.co.uk is one of the top job boards in the U.K. Unlike Gumtree Jobs, it offers a searchable resume database and extended posts. That being said, pricing starts at £89.00 +VAT per post for new customers, while Gumtree Jobs charges £14.95 +VAT for a basic job post. Both platforms receive significant traffic from within the U.K.
Gumtree Jobs vs. Totaljobs:
Totaljobs has a larger audience than Gumtree Jobs and also includes candidate matching tools and a resume database, features missing from Gumtree Jobs. Both platforms are based in the U.K., but Gumtree is significantly more affordable, charging £14.95 +VAT for a standard post compared to the introductory offer of £89.00 +VAT per post on Totaljobs.