WorkBC is a free job posting service.
WorkBC is a Canadian provincial government employment service and resource for employers and job seekers in British Columbia. The organization provides assistance and guidance to employers looking to fill the nearly 1 million job opportunities that are projected to become available in the next ten years within the province.
WorkBC has a network of job centers in all major towns throughout the province to assist companies with their recruitment efforts.
- All job postings on WorkBC are free.
- The platform aggregates job posts from other Canadian job boards.
- Jobs are automatically posted to the Canadian National Job Bank.
- Targeted job posting based on location, industry, and employment type.
- Support services for employers are available via online chat, phone, and email.
- A host of resources for employers and job posters.
- Approximately 300,000 site visits every month.
- Targeted job postings for students, trades, and co-op opportunities.
- The website and job board are available in 108 languages.
- The platform provides assistance and guidance with hiring disabled and Indigenous candidates.
- No resume database search available for employers.
- Only registered businesses can post jobs on the board.
- The platform focuses primarily on job seekers rather than employers.
We couldn't find any online reviews of WorkBC's job board. However, as a government-run organization with centers in all major towns in British Columbia, the organization is considered reputable by most job seekers in Canada.
How to Post a Job on WorkBC:
WorkBC does not offer a direct job posting option for its job board. Users interested in listing their vacancy on the WorkBC job board should post their job ad on Job Bank, as jobs posted on the national job bank system are automatically displayed on the WorkBC job board.
WorkBC vs. BCjobs:
BCjobs claims to be the biggest job board in Western Canada. It only offers paid-for job postings starting at C$219.00 whilst WorkBC is a government-run initiative that offers free job postings to registered Canadian companies. BCjobs has a simpler job posting process which may appeal to some employers as well as company profile customization.
WorkBC vs. CPHR British Columbia & Yukon:
CPHR British Columbia & Yukon is a membership organization that hosts a job board for HR professionals in BC and Yukon. CPHR BC & Yukon focuses on jobs in the human resources (HR) sector which limits their reach, impact, and candidate pool for certain positions. Unlike WorkBC, they don't offer free job posting options.
WorkBC vs. Monster:
Monster offers free and paid job posting options that cover Canada and the world. WorkBC is a provincial government organization that advertises vacancies available in British Columbia and charges no fees for posting a job to their job board. Monster has been around for nearly 40 years while WorkBC was started in 2012.
What is WorkBC?
WorkBC is the provincial government of British Columbia's employment and career website. They offer resources and guides to employers and job seekers as well as host a job board for opportunities in the province.
What does it cost to post a job on WorkBC?
It is free to list a job posting on WorkBC as jobs that are posted on the national Job Bank platform, which is completely free, are automatically displayed on the WorkBC job board.
How do I create an account on WorkBC?
- Select "Register" on the home page.
- Then, click on "I'm an employer" and fill in the registration forms that follow.
- A verification link will be sent to the email address you provided.
- Click on the link to confirm your registration with WorkBC.
- Check out our how-to guide for a full breakdown of the registration process.