1 Job Posting
Canadian employers in the British Columbia region looking to advertise available jobs or browse through professional resumes can rely on BCjobs.ca for targeted searches that help speed up the candidate search. The popular job board's standard features include resume database access and featured job advertisements.
- BCjobs.ca promises one million page views on their site per month.
- Over 17,000 reputable companies use BCjobs.ca for recruitment purposes, including Amazon, PlentyofFish, McDonald's, and Starbucks.
- Employers also have access to a comprehensive resume database.
- All job posts are listed for a minimum of 60 days.
- BCjobs.ca's job board covers all of British Columbia.
- The platform offers a targeted job board that filters the candidate pool to British Columbia job seekers.
- Jobs from different industries can be advertised on BCjobs.ca, including law, IT, and healthcare.
- Unlike local competitors, such as WorkBC, BCjobs.ca does not offer a free plan.
- The resume database access is available on the Unlimited plans only.
- BCjobs.ca's reach is limited to the British Columbia region, which may impact niche job searches.
- There are no advanced features like applicant tracking or job statistics.
- The website is not available in French.
- Customer support is not available via telephone.
We were unable to find customer reviews of BCjobs.ca online. However, BCjobs.ca has been operating in British Columbia for two decades.
How to Post a Job on BCjobs.ca:
Four easy steps for posting a job on BCjobs.ca.
Posting a job on BCjobs.ca.
Click on "Post a Job."
Navigate to the BCjobs.ca and click on "Post a Job" in the top-right corner of the home page. Alternatively, you could also click on "Post a Job" in the main home page banner.
Create your employer's account.
On the following page, browse through the different job posting packages available. Once you've chosen the package that suits your recruitment needs, complete the sign up form on the right side of the page. Click on "START HIRING" to continue.
Create your job post.
When you've finalized your account details, you will immediately be redirected to the job description form. Make sure you add the job's requirements, responsibilities, and a full description.
You'll also have the option of adding a company logo and salary range. When you're satistified with your job ad, click on "Publish."
Pay for your job ad.
A pop-up detailing the different job posting packages should appear once you've clicked on "Publish." Navigate to your plan of choice and click on "BUY NOW." Complete the billing and credit card information form, and pay for your ad. Once payment is complete, your job ad will go live.
BCjobs.ca vs. WorkBC:
The primary difference between BCjobs.ca and WorkBC is the two competitors' price points. While WorkBC is completely free to use, BCjobs.ca does not offer a free plan and employers can expect to pay C$219.00 per post. Unlike BCjobs.ca, WorkBC also offers plenty of resources and services that help employers improve their hiring process.
BCjobs.ca vs. Eluta.ca:
Between the two competitors, Eluta.ca stands out as the more affordable choice, thanks to its free and cost effective paid plans and national reach. Unlike Eluta.ca, BCjobs.ca only advertises in British Columbia, which may impact employers who are looking to fill niche roles quicker.
BCjobs.ca vs. Indeed:
Indeed offers employers a larger reach and pool of candidates than BCjobs.ca, boasting millions of job seeker accounts across the globe. BCjobs.ca, on the other hand, only targets job seekers in the British Columbia region. While Indeed's 30-day job posting is completely free, BCjobs.ca charges C$219.00 for its standard, 60-day job posting.
How much does BCjobs.ca cost?
BCjobs.ca offers several plans that range between C$219.00 and C$339.00, depending on the package you choose. Employers also have the option of paying C$3,499.00 upfront for a full year's worth of unlimited job posts.
How do I create an account with BCjobs.ca?
- Navigate to the home page and click on "Post a Job" in the home page banner.
- On the following page, complete the sign-up form in the blue text box and click on "START HIRING."
- You can then navigate back to the home page and click on "Sign In" in the top-right corner.