Character or Mascot
Car, Truck, or Van Wrap
1-to-1 Project Fees:
Client introduction fee (for designers)
Top level designer platform fee
Mid level designer platform fee
Entry level designer platform fee
Client platform fee
99designs offers a large range of design services and multiple packages to choose from. Users can work directly with freelancers or run contests. The freelancer profiles have all the right information to help employers make better decisions about who to work with. There is also a money-back guarantee.
However, contests take a long time and there have been complaints about designers submitting stolen designs, which could cause problems later on. 99designs's built-in alert system to such infringements indicates the fact that this must be a common behavior they're trying to curb.
- The website looks amazing and is easy to use.
- Offers a very broad range of design services.
- Multiple packages to choose from.
- Profile information includes response time, repeat clients, number of contests won, number of one-on-one projects completed, etc.
- Users can work directly with a designer or run a contest.
- Offers a money-back guarantee.
- Many helpful resources are available.
- Designers go through a rigorous application process.
- The platform has a reporting system that can be used to report designers who have stolen designs, used stock images, etc.
- Users can search for freelancers based on the design category, industry, designer level, language, etc.
- Contests could take up to a month to finalize.
- The different pricing models can be confusing.
- There have been complaints of stolen designs.
How to Create a Contest on 99designs:
Six easy steps for creating a contest on 99designs.
Creating a contest Job on 99designs.
Go to 99designs.com.
Go to the 99designs home page.
Click "Get Started."
The "Get Started" button is located next to the "I need a" search box in the center of the page.
Search and select your design category.
Choose between various design categories, including websites, logos, apps, merchandising, and more. Each design category will have a subcategory with different packages to choose from.
Click "Start a Contest."
99designs works by taking the details of your design request and turning it into a contest for designers around the world to submit their ideas. Your task is to choose the design you like best.
Choose design preferences.
Give designers an idea of what your aesthetic is like. Go through a selection of design styles, colors, shapes, and more.
Enter your personal details.
Enter details like your email address, project information, industry, additional notes, and more, to finalize the project.
99designs vs. Fiverr:
Fiverr is a better option for finding a wider range of freelancers. 99designs is only for design projects. Both have one-on-one work options, but 99designs also gives users the option to create contests and receive more designs. 99designs is more expensive. They have similar reputations.
99designs vs. DesignCrowd:
DesignCrowd and 99designs are very similar, offering many of the same services and having many of the same features and processes. However, 99designs is more expensive. Both platforms have complaints against them around the quality of designers available. 99designs has slightly better ratings.
99designs vs. Upwork:
Upwork is a larger, more popular site that people use for free to find freelancers from a wide range of industries. It uses AI to match freelancers and has a better average rating across online review sites. However, 99designs gives you more details about freelancers in profiles and offers a money-back guarantee.
News & Activity:
News or Activity
October 5, 2020
What is 99designs?
99designs is a freelance creative platform and job posting site that makes it easy for designers and clients to work together to create designs.
How much is 99designs?
99designs plans cost between $149.00 and $1,099.00.
Is 99designs worth it for designers?
It depends on your designing needs. The platform offers a range of features and plans, ranging from book covers, business cards, magazine covers, and more.
How do I verify identity on 99designs?
- Verify your ID.
- Select the ID type.
- Scan the front of your ID.
- Take a selfie.
- Wait for your verification to process.
How can I create a 99designs account?
From the 99designs home page, click "Login" and then "Sign Up." Enter your details and click "Sign up" again.
How can I edit a 99designs job posting?
99designs contest details are managed by the account manager. You won't be able to reduce the prize money once entries have been received. You are allowed to request the winning designer to make changes to their design, but they are not obligated to make any changes.
What type of design projects can I post on 99designs?
There is a range of design categories on 99Designs to post to. Some of them include book covers, business cards, characters/mascots, infographics, and magazine covers.
How do I find the best freelancers on 99designs?
The best freelancers on 99designs can be found by running a design contest and selecting your favorite design from the contest entries.
- Invite designers whose work you like by going to their profile and selecting "Invite to Work."
- Plan the contest duration, outlining the qualifying round, shortlisting, final round, and contest winner.
- Give your feedback to contestants by using the feedback-rating feature. A contest with a high feedback rating will attract more designers.
- Use star ratings to rate submissions.
- Be sure to guarantee your contest. This ensures that your contest will result in a win, even if you're unhappy with the results. Guaranteed contests attract more designers.