Design Observer Job Board
From US$295.00 /post.
Searchable resume database
Job post distribution
Applicant tracking tools
Phone and email.
Design Observer, a dedicated design site and online publication, attracts a niche audience of creatives across design disciplines from around the world. While the platform may be good for reaching an international audience, it is a rather costly option when compared to local niche sites, such as The Loop and Pedestrian Jobs.
While employers can enhance their job ads with add-on features, the platform lacks additional hiring tools, such as a searchable resume database. Considering the very U.S.-centric service offering, with pricing in U.S. dollars only and no local customer support channels, Australian employers may be better served with local job portals.
- The site gives Australian employers access to an international audience of design professionals.
- Job posts are active for 90 days.
- Listings are distributed across other design websites, on social media, and to email subscribers.
- Employers can enhance their job posts with paid add-on features.
- The job posting process is quick and easy.
- Job posts can be edited at any time.
- Customer support is available via phone and email.
- There is no free plan or free trial.
- The site is costlier than several local alternatives, such as ArtsHub Jobs and Careersindesign.
- The platform lacks other hiring tools, such as a resume database and applicant tracking features.
- Pricing is only listed in U.S. dollars.
- The site does not provide local customer support channels for Australia-based users.
We were unable to find any online reviews of Design Observer's job board.
Add On: Feature Your Job
Add On: Highlight Your Job
How to Post a Job on Design Observer Job Board:
Three easy steps for posting a job on the Design Observer job board.
Posting a job on the Design Observer job board.
Click on "Post a Job."
Navigate to the Design Observer home page and click on the 'Post a job" button under the jobs section to the right of the page.
Create your job post.
Complete the online form with details about the job you want to advertise, information about your company, and application instructions for candidates. When complete, click on "Continue" toward the bottom of the page.
Add your email address or website link where you want candidates to apply.
You also have the option of adding special application instructions.
When complete, click on "Continue" toward the bottom of the page.
Pay for your job listing.
Complete the online form with your billing and payment information, select add-on products, and click on "Complete Purchase" to make the payment and post your ad.
Design Observer vs. The Loop:
The sites differ in that one is an online design publication that features a job board, while the other — The Loop — is an online community for connecting with creative talent in Australia. The Loop lacks the international reach Design Observer offers but is better for local hiring, as it targets the Australian market and is more affordable.
Design Observer vs. ArtsHub Jobs:
Both Design Observer and ArtsHub target the creative market and feature relevant news and resources. While Design Observer is U.S.-based and attracts visitors from multiple countries, ArtsHub Jobs primarily caters to users in the U.K. and Australia, with dedicated pages for each market. Both lack additional hiring tools, but ArtsHub Jobs is more affordable.
Design Observer vs. Careersindesign:
Careersindesign targets the Australian creative market, whereas Design Observer, although U.S.-based, attracts an international audience. While Careersindesign may have better local reach and is more affordable than Designer Observer, job postings are only live for 30 days, compared to 90 days on Design Observer.