Design Observer Job Board
From US$295.00 /post.
Searchable resume database
Job post distribution
Phone and email.
Design Observer, a dedicated design site and online publication, attracts a niche audience of creatives across disciplines. Although the largest proportion of site visits come from the U.S., the platform also attracts a fair amount of international traffic, making it an attractive portal for U.K. employers to reach a global design audience.
While employers can enhance their job ads with add-on features, the platform lacks additional hiring tools, such as a searchable resume database and applicant tracking. The site is also costlier than many local niche hiring platforms, some of which even offer free options, such as Creativepool and CreativeJobs.
- Job posts are active for 90 days.
- The site gives U.K. employers access to an international audience of design professionals.
- Listings are distributed across other design websites, on social media, and to over 3,000 email subscribers.
- Employers can enhance their job posts with paid add-on features.
- The job posting process is fast and easy.
- Job posts can be edited at any time.
- Customer support is available via phone and email.
- There is no free plan or free trial.
- Pricing is only listed in U.S. dollars.
- Job postings are costlier than on several local niche sites, including Design Jobs Board, If You Could Jobs, and The Dots.
- The platform lacks other hiring tools, such as a resume database and applicant tracking features.
- The site does not provide local customer support channels for U.K.-based users.
We were unable to find any online reviews of Design Observer's job board.
Feature Your Job
Highlight Your Job
How to Post a Job on Design Observer Job Board:
Three easy steps for posting a job on the Design Observer job board.
Posting a job on the Design Observer job board.
Click on "Post a Job."
Navigate to the Design Observer home page and click on the 'Post a job" button under the jobs section to the right of the page.
Create your job post.
Complete the online form with details about the job you want to advertise, information about your company, and application instructions for candidates. When complete, click on "Continue" toward the bottom of the page.
Add your email address or website link where you want candidates to apply.
You also have the option of adding special application instructions.
When complete, click on "Continue" toward the bottom of the page.
Pay for your job listing.
Complete the online form with your billing and payment information, select add-on products, and click on "Complete Purchase" to make the payment and post your ad.
Design Observer vs. British Creative Jobs:
While British Creative Jobs attracts far less website traffic than Design Observer, it forms part of the CV-Library network across which job postings are distributed, reaching a large U.K.-based audience. Another benefit of this affiliation is that employers can access CV-Library's extensive CV database, a service Design Observer does not offer.
Design Observer vs. Design Jobs Board:
Unlike Design Observer, Design Jobs Board is a dedicated job portal for design professionals. While neither platform offers a searchable resume database, Design Jobs Boards has more job posting options and is the more affordable of the two sites.
Design Observer vs. Behance:
Both Design Observer and Behance reach an international audience of creative professionals. While the former is an industry publication, Behance is a social media platform for showcasing design portfolios. Overall, Behance offers better value as it lets employers post jobs for free and search candidate profiles — although this is temporary.
Observer Omnimedia LLC.
Jan 01, 2003
150 Deepwood Dr., Hamden, Connecticut 06517 USA
What does it cost to post a job on the Design Observer job board?
Design Observer charges US$290.00 for a 90-day job posting.
Who launched Design Observer in 2003?
Design Observer was founded by Jessica Helfand, William Drenttel, Rick Poynor, and Michael Bierut.