Business - One (1 Seat)
Business - Small (3 Seats)
Business - Medium (5 Seats)
Business - Large (10 Seats)
*All Business plans include unlimited job posts. Employers in need of more than 10 seats should contact Communo via email for more details.
Communo is an online marketplace that is made up of over 1,500 recruiting businesses that are hiring in fields such as marketing and web design. With Communo, Canadian employers can rest assured that they'll only hire qualified freelancers, thanks to the platform's stringent verification system and members-only policy.
For those looking to hire locally, local competitors, such as Eluta.ca, offer more affordable plans. Comparatively, these job boards have a better reach because job ads are not limited to Communo members.
- Reputable companies that use Communo to hire talent include Canada As One Inc., Vek Labs, and True North.
- The platform offers both subscription plans and single job posting options.
- Communo has over 60,000 members that range in expertise and experience.
- The platform advertises freelance and remote projects from across the world.
- There is no placement fee for employers hiring freelancers.
- Communo allows interested users to explore its website for free using a guest account.
- All talent is vetted by the site, assuring employers of quality hires.
- The site hosts webinars and informational events that help companies improve their hiring strategies.
- Communo only advertises vacancies to its members, which excludes a large part of the job market.
- There are no free project posting options available.
- Candidates are matched to projects using a scoring system, which may deter employers looking for a hands-on hiring approach.
- The platform does not offer French translation.
- Pricing is not available in Canadian dollars.
Communo is not BBB accredited and there are a limited number of online reviews of Communo. However, we did find one review on Reddit that noted the site's reputation for syndicated jobs, very few new job posting options, and charges for upgraded features.
Communo's app received a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars on the Apple Store.
How to Post a Project on Communo:
Five easy steps for posting a project on Communo.
Posting a Project on Communo.
Go to Communo's home page.
Navigate to the Communo home page and click on "Hire Talent" toward the top-right corner of the screen.
Create an account.
Select "I want to hire" and add your email address and password to the online form. Then, click on "Continue."
Add some of your employer details, clicking on "Continue" each time to proceed to the next step.
Start the project posting process.
From your dashboard, click on "Create New Post" toward the top left-hand side of the screen. Add your project's details to the online form and click on "Preview."
Review your posting to ensure the information is correct. Then, click on "Get Applicants."
To make changes to your project, click on "Edit."
Upgrade your plan.
To post your project to the site, you'll be required to pay a fee. The upgrade details should pop up. Choose the package that suits your hiring requirements and click on "Subscribe" or "Pay-per-Post."
Finalize your order.
Add your payment information to the online form and click on "Purchase" to pay for your package.
Once your payment has been processed, your project will go live on the site.
Communo vs. Workhoppers:
Between Communo and Workhoppers, the latter site is better positioned for employers looking to hire local talent. Communo is a members-only, global platform that charges US$400.00 for a single listing, while Workhoppers' prices start at C$39.00 per month. Unlike Communo, Workhoppers offers AI-powered candidate matching.
Communo vs. Eluta.ca:
While Eluta.ca primarily caters to the Canadian job market, Communo lists freelance projects from around the world. However, Eluta.ca is a general job board that offers free and paid options. Communo, on the other hand, is a members-only platform that charges US$400.00 for a single job post, and their project categories are limited.
Communo vs. Freelancer:
The primary differences between Communo and Freelancer are the two platforms' pricing and target markets. Communo charges US$400.00 for a single listing and employers can post full-time and freelance projects in marketing and technology. With Freelancer, there is no charge for posting jobs and all vacancies are short-term.
How do I create a Communo account?
- Visit Communo.com and click on "Hire Talent" toward the top-right corner.
- Click on "I want to hire."
- Complete the online form and click on "Continue."
How much does it cost to post projects on Communo?
Communo only allows its members to post work on the platform. A single listing costs US$400.00, while subscription packages start from US$200.00.
What kind of projects can I post on Communo?
Communo is a community of experts specializing in the fields of marketing, design, and technology.