1 Job Ad for 30 days
1 Job Ad for 60 days
1 Job Ad for 90 days
Many Canadian companies like 1Password use Remote.co to advertise remote positions, either to Canadian workers or international ones. Employers can specify a location when posting a job. There are no location-filtering options for Canadian job seekers to find local employers, but they can search "Canada" in the search bar.
With less than 2% of web traffic to Remote.co originating from Canada, there are certainly more popular local job boards, such as Job Bank, which is also a more cost-effective option as it is a free job posting site.
- Remote.co is more affordable than popular remote job board Remote OK, whose pricing starts at US$449.00 per post.
- The website has a handy blog with advice on working remotely.
- Job posts can be created quickly and easily.
- Advertised positions are categorized according to industry to make it easier for job seekers to find.
- There is a steady stream of new remote jobs listed every week.
- There are more affordable Canadian job posting sites, such as Eluta.ca.
- The website is not available in French.
- Pricing is not available in Canadian dollars.
- The site does not offer a free trial.
- Not all remote jobs listed on the job board are 100% remote.
- It is difficult for job seekers to filter jobs by location or time zones.
We were unable to find reviews for Remote.co. They have no Better Business Bureau rating either.
How to Post a Job on Remote.co:
Four easy steps for posting a job on Remote.co.
Posting a job on Remote.co.
Click "Post Remote Jobs" on the home page.
Navigate to the Remote.co home page and click on the "Post Remote Jobs" button in the top-right corner of the page.
Create your job post.
Click the blue "Post A Remote Job!" button and complete the online form. You will need to enter your company name, your email address, information about the job, including a job description, and your billing information.
Specify a location.
If you only want Canadian workers to apply for the role, tick the "Other" box under the "Location Requirement?" section and type "Canada."
Submit your job post.
Once you've completed the online form with your company, job, contact, and billing information, click "Submit Job" to make the payment and post your job ad.
Remote.co vs. Eluta.ca:
While not strictly a remote job board, Eluta.ca allows employers to include the words "Work From Home" or "Remote" in job titles or descriptions. Eluta.ca is a Canadian job board with free and paid options that start at C$199.00 per job post, compared to Remote.co's US$299.00.
Remote.co vs. Workhoppers:
Workhoppers is a freelance marketplace that also advertises remote roles throughout Canada. In terms of pricing, Workhoppers is the more affordable option, charging C$39.00 per month for a job post compared to Remote.co's US$299.00 monthly fee. The site is available in both English and French, while Remote.co only has an English website.
Remote.co vs. We Work Remotely:
We Work Remotely charges the same fee as Remote.co and also caters to an international audience. Unlike Remote.co, We Work Remotely offers social media sharing. Neither job board has Canada-specific pages.
Is Remote.co legitimate?
Yes, Remote.co is a legitimate remote job board with remote and online job postings.
Is Remote.co free?
Remote.co costs US$299.00 for each post for 30 days, with discounts available when posting multiple jobs.