Contact for quote.
Featured Job Upgrade
*Upwork's basic plan is free to use, so employers only pay freelancers the confirmed fee, plus the standard 3% for admin and payment processing.
**The Plus Plan includes premium customer support, team reporting, and 15 invites to freelancers instead of three.
Upwork is an online marketplace that matches employers with quality freelancers from across the globe. Over 30% of Fortune 500 companies have used Upwork to connect with talented, independent professionals.
Over 174,000 Canadian clients have used Upwork to find quality freelancers in a range of disciplines. Canadian employers give freelancers hired through Upwork an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars, making this a great platform to hire talent.
- Brands such as Airbnb, Dropbox, Microsoft, Samsung, and more use Upwork to find quality freelancers.
- Employers can post projects at no cost or choose from paid options, depending on their hiring needs.
- Millions of projects are posted on the platform with over 5,000 skills represented across more than 70 categories.
- AI-matching technology instantly generates a freelancer shortlist based on your project requirements.
- Employers can connect with a remote workforce representing 180 countries.
- You can receive invoices through Upwork's platform to easily pay for the work you've authorized.
- Projects include social media visibility on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Enterprise plans include access to the top 1% of Upwork talent, flexible scaling, and more.
- Upwork is more affordable than competitors like Remote OK and Toptal.
- The basic plan excludes advanced candidate management tools.
- Some freelancers might be deterred by having to pay a fee based on their earnings.
- There is no option to search for projects by employer, which can make it difficult for freelancers to find you.
- Individuals or entities on the Specially Designated Nationals (SDN) are not permitted to use the platform.
- There are a limited number of plans available.
- The platform can be tricky to navigate.
- There are no French or multilingual site options, which may limit the number of freelancers who sign up.
- There is no local contact number.
Around 140 complaints have been lodged against Upwork on Better Business Bureau, but most queries received attention from them.
On Sitejabber, Upwork has more than 2,700 reviews and a rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars. On Trustpilot, the platform received also received 3.8 stars based on the reviews of more than 9,000 users.
How to Post a Project on Upwork:
Four easy steps for posting a project on Upwork.
Posting a Project on Upwork.
Click on "Sign Up."
You'll find this green button toward the top-right corner of the Upwork home page.
Create an account.
Select "I'm a client, hiring for a project" and click on "Join as a client." Then, complete the online form and click on "Create my account."
You can also sign up with your Apple or Google account.
Add some details about your company and click on "Continue."
Verify your email address.
Start the job posting process.
To start the job posting process, click on "Post a Job" on your dashboard.
Select the length of the project and click on "Continue."
Add a headline for your project in the field provided and select a job category. Click on "Next: Skills" when you are done.
Add the required skills, the project's scope, experience level, and location, clicking on "Next" each time you are ready to proceed to the next section.
Add an hourly rate or project budget and click on "Review Job Post" to continue.
Review and post your job.
Add the project's description and read through your post to make sure all the details are correct. When you are ready, click on "Post Job Now."
To make changes, click on the grey pen icon on the far right of each section. Click on "Update" to save your changes.
To save your changes and post the job at a later stage, click on "Save as draft."
Upwork vs. Remote OK:
Both Upwork and Remote OK have a global reach, but Upwork provides access to a talent pool of over 18 million users, while Remote OK's talent pool is just over 1 million. Remote OK has no free plans, so Upwork seems the better choice, offering free postings, reasonably priced paid plans, and an enterprise plan for advanced business needs.
Upwork vs. Toptal:
While Upwork connects global employers and freelancers across many industries, Toptal is a marketplace for the top 3% of freelance developers and coders. Upwork offers a free basic plan and paid options starting at US$49.99, whereas Toptal costs start with a deposit of US$500.00 that serves as a credit on project-hour hiring invoices.
Upwork vs. Wellfound:
Compared to Upwork, Wellfound is a much smaller job board used by about 43,000 tech startups. For employers in the tech world, Wellfound is a good choice, as it offers unlimited free job postings, a database with over 3 million job seekers, ATS, and free brand promotion pages. Try both platforms risk-free if you're still undecided.
Upwork Global Inc.
Jan 01, 2015
2625 Augustine Dr, Ste. 601, Santa Clara, California 95054 USA
What does it cost to post a project on Upwork?
Upwork's pricing options include a free basic plan and paid packages.
How can I edit a project on Upwork?
From your Upwork dashboard, click on the "My Jobs" tab and select the project you would like to edit under "Open Jobs." Click on "Edit Posting" in the "Actions" menu and make your changes.
Is Upwork better than Fiverr?
Both Upwork and Fiverr offer platforms that connect employers with talented global freelancers. Upwork has both free and paid pricing plans, while Fiverr offers customized service packages. Both charge freelancers a fee based on their earnings.
What kind of projects are on Upwork?
There are a wide variety of projects on Upwork, including ones in design, video and audio, development and IT, marketing, writing and translation, admin and customer support, HR, and more.
Is Upwork worthwhile in 2022?
Yes. The Covid-19 pandemic has seen a rise in the demand for remote work and Upwork helps employers fill vacancies with professional staff from across the globe.