Standard Job Post
Premium Job Post
Expert Job Post
Ruby Now is a niche job board that connects employers with Ruby on Rails professionals in Canada and abroad. The platform gives companies access to their pool of more than 10,000 developers, programmers, technical leads, and engineers.
Ruby Now offers several job posting plans and various hiring tools, such as social media promotion, featured listings, and targeted email alerts. While Canadian employers can use the job board to find both local and global Ruby on Rails talent, the site lacks local customer support and pricing is not available in Canadian dollars.
- Employers can use Ruby Now to advertise a range of Ruby on Rails vacancies in Canada and abroad.
- The platform offers an assortment of job posting packages to suit different hiring needs.
- Listings stay live on the site for 45 days.
- The platform shares job posts to their Twitter account.
- Job posts are sent to candidates via daily, weekly, or monthly email alerts.
- The "Expert" package pins employers' listings to the top of the site's email feed for 30 days.
- Jobs are listed immediately after employers complete the posting process.
- The platform offers additional hiring solutions for employers having difficulty recruiting candidates.
- Ruby Now does not have a free job posting option.
- The website is not avaliable in French.
- Pricing is only available in U.S. dollars.
- The site does not offer bulk job posting packages.
- There is no local customer support available.
- The platform lacks candidate matching and applicant tracking features.
We were unable to find any online reviews of Ruby Now.
How to Post a Job on Ruby Now:
Five easy steps for posting a job on Ruby Now.
Posting a job on Ruby Now.
Navigate to Ruby Now's home page.
On the home page, find and select "POST A JOB."
Enter your job posting details.
Fill out the online job posting form with information such as the job title, location, and job type. Once you're done, select "Next."
You also have the option to click on "Clear All Fields" if you'd like to start over.
You can then review your job post for accuracy, and when you're satisfied, click on "Next."
Select a job posting package.
Choose your preferred job posting package. Then, click on "Next."
Register as an employer.
Fill out the online form labeled "New User?" Then, select "Sign up."
Purchase your job post.
Add your billing information to the online form and click on "Make Payment" to pay for your job post.
Your job post will immediately go live on the site.
Ruby Now vs. ITjobs.ca:
While Ruby Now primarily caters to Ruby on Rails professionals, ITjobs.ca advertises a wide range of IT jobs, making the latter site the better option for targeted hiring. Ruby Now charges US$79.00 for a basic job post but does not list pricing in Canadian dollars, while a single vacancy costs C$325.00 on ITjobs.ca.
Ruby Now vs. BetaKit:
While BetaKit lists jobs in the local tech and IT industries, Ruby Now exclusively advertises Ruby on Rails vacancies. However, Ruby Now is the more affordable option, charging US$79.00 for a basic listing, whereas BetaKit charges C$300.00 for a single listing. Both sites offer social media promotion, but Ruby Now also has featured listings.
Ruby Now vs. Indeed:
Indeed is a popular job board that lists a variety of general vacancies. In comparison, Ruby Now primarily caters to Ruby on Rails professionals and has a smaller reach. While Indeed offers free and paid posting options, Ruby Now only has paid plans. Both sites offer good local and international hiring solutions.
What is Ruby Now?
Ruby Now is a developer job board that specializes in posting Ruby on Rails positions at all career levels throughout Canada and abroad.
What does it cost to post a job on Ruby Now?
Ruby Now's pricing starts from US$79.00 for a standard job post. The platform also offers premium and expert job posts priced at US$139.00 and US$199.00 respectively.
How do I create a Ruby Now account?
- Navigate to Ruby Now's home page.
- Click on "LOGIN" and select "Click here" under the heading "Create a new Account?"
- Fill out the registration form.
- Click on "Register."
What is East Rock Software?
East Rock Software is a recruitment company that helps clients find and hire candidates for their software and development roles. They are the parent company of Ruby Now.
How do I delete a job post on Ruby Now?
- Log in to your account.
- Click on "MY POSTS."
- Select the job post you'd like to remove and click on "Delete."