Fiverr freelancers charge between C$6.00 and C$990.00 per project. There is no subscription or sign-up fee. The freelancer keeps 80% of each transaction.
Fiverr is an online marketplace where employers can find freelancers. The site has varied pricing as price packages are set by freelancers, allowing employers to filter their search results by budget. The platform itself is free to use.
The Canadian page allows employers to browse through those freelancers who specialize in Canadian services, such as Canadian accents, taxes, and translations. Employers can also pay freelancers in Canadian dollars.
- Employers can browse through dozens of candidates on the dedicated Canadian page.
- Most freelancers have a function on their profile to compare packages offered.
- Payments can be done in Canadian dollars.
- The website administrators offer support if a freelancer has not completed an order or if there is a dispute.
- It is free to use the platform. Employers only pay the freelancer for services provided.
- There is a variety of pricing options available as freelancers set their own prices.
- Fiverr holds your payment until work is completed by the freelancer.
- The site offers a French language option.
- Employers must look through several profiles on the Canadian page to find the skills they want.
- There is no secondary filter option.
- Pricing is set by the freelancer and no negotiations can be made unless ordering a custom package.
- While customer support can be contacted for disputes, not much can be done if the freelancer's skills are inadequate.
Fiverr has mixed reviews on Trustpilot, with some employers stating that they have had a good experience with the site's structure and others saying that they were "scammed" by underqualified freelancers. The website has a 3.8 out of 5-star rating with more than 60% of reviewers rating the site as excellent, and just under 30% of reviewers rating the site as bad.
How to Hire Freelancers on Fiverr:
Three easy steps for hiring freelancers on Fiverr.
Hiring freelancers on Fiverr.
Navigate to the Fiverr Canadian page.
Go to the Fiverr Canadian page.
Select a freelance service.
Scroll through the pages of Canadian freelancers until you find the service you need and are content with the freelancer's reputation and pricing.
Pay for your freelance service.
Choose from a selection of extras, then pay for your service. Once payment is made, your freelancer will get in touch with you directly.
Fiverr vs. Workhoppers:
Workhoppers is a Canadian-based freelance job board, whereas Fiverr is an international marketplace with a page dedicated to Canadian-based freelancers. However, Workhoppers does advertise job vacancies worldwide. Workhoppers has set pricing for posting job vacancies on their site, and they distribute posts to over 100 job boards and social media sites.
Fiverr vs. Upwork:
Upwork is similar to Fiverr in that it is a freelancing platform that connects employers with freelancers from around the world. However, Fiverr has a more attractive user interface that is easier to use and a clearer display of a freelancer's rating, packages, and work samples. Fiverr also takes a smaller fee from freelancers.
Fiverr vs. Toptal:
Both Fiverr and Toptal are international freelance marketplaces with pricing set by freelancers. However, Fiverr caters to a variety of project types, whereas Toptal caters mostly to software developers, designers, financial experts, and project managers. Toptal also requires an initial deposit of US$500.00, which Fiverr does not.
Fiverr International Ltd.
Jan 01, 2010
Eliezer Kaplan St. 8, Tel Aviv, Israel
How does Fiverr work?
Fiverr is an online marketplace for freelance services beginning at a cost of C$6.00 per project. The platform allows employers to connect with talented freelancers from a wide range of industries around the globe.
Does Fiverr really work?
Yes. Buyers like Fiverr because they can get small tasks done quickly and for an affordable price, with the bonus of minimal risks.
How do I log in to Fiverr?
Go to Fiverr's home page and log in at the top-right corner.
Is Fiverr safe?
Yes, Fiverr is safe for buyers.
Does Fiverr charge buyers?
Fiverr charges you a processing fee of US$1.00 for purchases up to US$20.00. They charge you 5% of the total for orders more than US$20.00.
How can I create a Fiverr account?
To create a Fiverr account, click on "Join" at the top-right corner of the home page and fill in the online form.
How can I edit or delete a project on Fiverr?
Buyers don't have to post a project themselves. This is done by the freelancer or "seller."