Bulk posting options
Candidate matching tools
Targeted job email alerts
Applicant tracking system
Remote OK is a leading remote job board that connects Canadian employers to more than 1 million global remote job seekers. IT sector jobs are more prominently featured, but non-tech jobs are also advertised. It offers customized paid job posting packages and a host of useful add-ons including featured ads and company branding.
Remote OK is owned by Dutch entrepreneur and levels.io founder, Pieter Levels. The self-proclaimed digital nomad also launched other one-man startups, including Hoodmaps and Nomad List. The site's wide reach and remote job focus make it a good choice for employers looking to attract an international workforce to their Canada-based jobs.
- The job board connects Canadian employers with more than 1 million global remote workers.
- There are single and bulk job posting plans available.
- Employers can specify that only Canadian applicants may apply, or they can invite global job seekers.
- Job posts are shared across the Google for Jobs recruitment network.
- Candidate profile views by category are available.
- Email alerts are distributed to a candidate pool of over 91,000.
- Candidates are driven directly to Canadian employers' career portals or email addresses.
- The site features an option to share job posts via Remote OK's Twitter account.
- Job posting plans include add-on options, like featured ads and branded employer pages.
- Remote OK does not offer free or unlimited job posting plans.
- Prices are only quoted in U.S. dollars.
- All higher-visibility options incur additional fees.
- The standard job posting plan does not include candidate matching.
- There is no applicant tracking system or job feed integration.
- Employers do not have access to a searchable resume database.
Remote OK is generally regarded as a trusted source for finding remote employees and has been used by some of the world's biggest brands, namely Amazon, Microsoft, Starbucks, and more. The job board attracted mostly positive reviews from global users on Product Hunt, where it has a 4.5-star rating.
Remote OK has a dynamic pricing model whereby the cost of job posts and add-on features changes depending on the number of job ads that are posted every week. The platform limits sticky posts (ads that are featured at the top of the front page for a specific duration) to a maximum of two at the same time per company.
Job postings are automatically renewed after 30 days and are charged at the same price as the original job post. Job posts that have been closed on the edit page are not automatically renewed. Users can also disable the auto-renew features or get a refund within seven days after renewing.
Remote OK vs. Wellfound:
Remote OK, apart from a strong IT focus, also features general remote jobs, whereas Wellfound is dedicated to tech startup jobs. Both have a global reach. It's free to post jobs on Wellfound, whereas Remote OK offers paid options only, starting at US$400.00 per post. Only Wellfound features advanced search filters.
Remote OK vs. BetaKit Jobs:
Remote OK connects Canadian employers with global digital workers, while BetaKit Jobs is a Canada-focused digital careers hub. Remote OK mainly features remote tech jobs as opposed to Betakit, which includes other tech jobs. Unlike BetaKit, which offers a fixed price per posting, Remote OK has a dynamic pricing model and offers a wider range of add-ons.
Remote OK vs. CIPS Job Board:
Remote OK features global remote tech and other jobs, while the CIPS Job Board only lists Canada-based IT jobs. Remote OK's pricing is dynamic and changes frequently, whereas the CIPS Job Board charges members C$90.00 per post and nonmembers C$300.00 per post. Both sites offer featured ad options.