Agency - Guest
Agency - One
Agency - Small
Agency - Medium
Agency - Large
10+ Team Members
Communo connects employers and recruiters with over 60,000 freelancers across the U.K. For the employers' benefit, all freelancers are pre-vetted and matched with the right project through a scoring system. Communo members also enjoy bonus features, including access to social media links, project postings, and invites to informational events.
However, when compared to local competitors, such as If You Could Jobs and YunoJuno, Communo does not have the best exposure in the country, currently only advertising less than ten local opportunities. In addition to its poor reach, Communo also charges employers in U.S. dollars.
- Communo has over 1,500 reputable businesses registered on its site, including Noon, Striim, Inc., Topham Guerin, and Appsbroker.
- Communo is an international platform that's free to join.
- All members have access to insights and educational webinars.
- There is no placement fee if you're hiring freelancers and all talent is pre-vetted.
- Communo is a good option if you're looking for an alternative approach to hiring freelancers.
- All membership packages include access to social media links, unlimited chats and project postings, and the ability to advertise in all work categories.
- The platform advertises freelance and remote work that stems from countries across the world, widening the candidate pool.
- Vacancies are not advertised to nonmembers, restricting the candidate pool.
- Compared to local competitors, Communo is the more costly option.
- There is no free project posting option available.
- Communo is not a highly trafficked site.
- You must pay for a membership to post a project and to benefit from Communo's features.
- Candidates are matched to projects using a scoring system, which may not work for employers who are looking for a more hands-on hiring process.
- Pricing is not available in pounds sterling.
Communo is not BBB accredited and there are a limited number of U.K. user reviews of Communo available online. We were able to find one review on Reddit that highlighted the site's reputation for syndicated jobs, very few new job posting options, and charges for upgraded features.
In terms of the platform's online presence, Communo does have a solid social media following. The platform has a combined following of nearly 7,000 users and it's available on all major social media networks, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
How to Post a Project on Communo:
Seven easy steps for posting a project on Communo.
Posting a project on Communo.
Go to Communo.com.
Navigate to the Communo home page and read through the different benefits for freelancers, businesses, and agencies.
Create an account.
Scroll down the home page until you see the "For Businesses" heading in small, blue letters. To complete your membership registration, click on the "+Business Set-up" tab below the list of benefits. This should immediately direct you to a business registration form.
Employers also have the option of signing up with their LinkedIn account.
After submitting your employer details, wait for Communo to complete its due diligence and verify your business and application.
Begin your onboarding.
Before posting your project, you will need to go through an onboarding process. This process will include creating a company profile.
During this step, you have the option of skipping certain information, such as adding a company logo. Communo does require your company information, title, a description of yourself, the location of your company, and the number of projects you'll be posting.
When setting up your account, you'll be able to use the Agency - Guest account. With this account, you can only view the dashboard.
Post your work opportunity.
Once you're verified and logged into the dashboard, also known as "The Bench," click on "Work" in the main menu. On the next page, click on "+Post Work" in the left-hand side of the page until a pink pop-up appears.
Upgrade your plan.
Now that you've chosen to post work, you'll be required to pay a membership. The upgrade details should pop up, along with prompts that detail what each package includes. Choose the package that suits your hiring requirements.
You'll be able to complete your project posting once payment is done.
Complete your work description.
You'll be directed to a page where you can fill in the details of your work opportunity. Here, you'll need to list the project's budget and sharing requirements, and choose a cover image for the project.
Preview and publish the ad.
Once you're done adding the project's details, click on "Preview." Read through your job description to identify any errors. If you do find discrepancies, simply click on "Edit" and correct them. When you're satisfied with your information, click on "Post Work."
Communo vs. If You Could Jobs:
While If You Could Jobs is a well-known U.K. job board that caters to the country's creative industry, Communo is a global marketplace that targets those in the marketing and IT design industries. Additionally, none of Communo's plans are available in pounds sterling and the platform only advertises opportunities to Communo members.
Communo vs. YunoJuno:
YunoJuno and Communo are both freelance marketplaces where employers are matched with qualified candidates. However, while Communo is a global marketplace for those in marketing and technology, YunoJuno targets the U.K. job market and employers can post vacancies for a range of industries.
Communo vs. Indeed:
Indeed is a major, general job board that receives millions of monthly views. With Indeed, U.K. employers can post freelance and permanent vacancies for free. Communo, on the other hand, is a members-only platform that primarily caters to employers looking to hire freelancers in marketing and technology. Communo also charges US$200.00 per month.
How do I create a Communo account?
- Visit Communo.com and click on "+ Sign Up For Free" in the top-right corner.
- Click on "Lets Get Started."
- Click on the type of account you'd like to open. You can choose between Freelancer, Agency, or Business.
- Complete the sign up form and click on "Continue."
How much does it cost to post projects on Communo?
Communo only allows its members to post work on the platform. Membership packages range between US$200.00 and US$1,500.00 per month.
What kind of projects can I post on Communo?
Communo is a community of experts specializing in the fields of marketing and technology.