Business - One (1 Seat)
Business - Small (3 Seats)
Business - Medium (5 Seats)
Business - Large (10 Seats)
*All Business plans include unlimited job posts. Employers in need of more than 10 seats should contact Communo via email for more details.
Communo connects employers and recruiters with over 60,000 freelancers across the U.K and abroad. For the employers' benefit, all freelancers are vetted and matched with the right project through a scoring system. The site's features include access to social media links, project postings, and invites to informational events.
However, when compared to local competitors, such as If You Could Jobs and YunoJuno, Communo does not have the best exposure in the country, advertising very few local opportunities. In addition to its poor reach, Communo also charges employers in U.S. dollars.
- Communo has over 1,500 local and international reputable businesses registered on its site, including Noon and Appsbroker.
- The platform offers both subscription plans and single job posting options.
- Communo has over 60,000 members that range in expertise and experience.
- The platform advertises freelance and remote projects from across the world.
- There is no placement fee for employers hiring freelancers.
- Communo allows interested users to explore its website for free using a guest account.
- All talent is vetted by the site, assuring employers of quality hires.
- The site hosts webinars and informational events that help companies improve their hiring strategies.
- Communo only advertises vacancies to its members, which excludes a large part of the job market.
- There are no free project posting options available.
- Candidates are matched to projects using a scoring system, which may deter employers looking for a hands-on hiring approach.
- Pricing is not available in pounds sterling.
There are a limited number of online reviews of Communo. However, we did find one review on Reddit that noted the site's reputation for syndicated jobs, very few new job posting options, and charges for upgraded features. Communo's app received a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars on the Apple Store.
How to Post a Project on Communo:
Five easy steps for posting a project on Communo.
Posting a Project on Communo.
Go to Communo's home page.
Navigate to the Communo home page and click on "For Freelancers" toward the top-left corner of the page.
Create an account.
Select "I want to hire" and add your email address and password to the online form. Then, click on "Continue."
Add some of your employer details, clicking on "Continue" each time to proceed to the next step.
Start the project posting process.
From your dashboard, click on "Create New Post" toward the top left-hand side of the screen. Add your project's details to the online form and click on "Preview."
Review your posting to ensure the information is correct. Then, click on "Get Applicants."
To make changes to your project, click on "Edit."
Upgrade your plan.
To post your project to the site, you'll be required to pay a fee. The upgrade details should pop up. Choose the package that suits your hiring requirements and click on "Subscribe" or "Pay-per-Post."
Finalize your order.
Add your payment info to the online form and click on "Purchase" to pay for your package.
Once your payment has been processed, your project will go live on the site.
Communo vs. If You Could Jobs:
While If You Could Jobs is a well-known U.K. job board that caters to the country's creative industry, Communo is a global marketplace that targets those in the marketing and design industries. Additionally, none of Communo's plans are available in pounds sterling and the platform only advertises opportunities to Communo members.
Communo vs. YunoJuno:
YunoJuno and Communo are both freelance marketplaces where employers are matched with qualified candidates. However, while Communo is a global marketplace for those in marketing and technology, YunoJuno targets the U.K. job market and employers can post vacancies for a range of industries.
Communo vs. Indeed:
Indeed is a general job board that receives millions of monthly views. With Indeed, U.K. employers can post freelance and permanent vacancies for free. In contrast, Communo is a members-only platform that primarily caters to employers in search of marketing or tech freelancers. The site also charges US$400.00 for a single listing.
Jan 01, 2017
1025 10 St. SE, Calgary, Alberta T2G 3E1 Canada
Number of Employees
How do I create a Communo account?
- Visit Communo.com and click on "Hire Talent" toward the top-right corner.
- Click on "I want to hire."
- Complete the online form and click on "Continue."
How much does it cost to post projects on Communo?
Communo only allows its members to post work on the platform. A single listing costs US$400.00, while subscription packages start from US$200.00.
What kind of projects can I post on Communo?
Communo is a community of experts specializing in the fields of marketing, design, and technology.