Gun.io offers custom pay-as-you-go packages, monthly retainers, and the option of retaining their team to hire candidates for you directly. Pricing includes the individual fee set by each freelancer, which generally ranges between $100.00 and $200.00 per hour, and Gun.io's fee. Employers see the full rate upfront with no additional costs later.
For full-time placements, Gun.io charges 20% of the negotiated first year's salary.
Gun.io is a recruitment marketplace that connects employers with freelance software developers and long-term employees alike. The team personally vets each freelancer to ensure that the best candidates are available for hire.
- Payment is only due when the employer hires a developer.
- Gun.io offers flexible retainers that take both the client's and freelancer's needs into account.
- The site facilitates contract and contract-to-hire engagements, as well as full-time, salaried hires worldwide.
- Freelancers are heavily vetted using algorithmic screening, a work history and background review, and a live technical interview.
- Only freelancers with approved profiles are presented to employers.
- Hires are made quickly — typically within 13 days of the employer requesting a candidate.
- Gun.io's pricing is higher than some of its competitors, such as Adeva.
- The platform is more suited to long-term contract hires.
- The site lacks a resume database.
Gun.io has been reviewed more than 15 times on G2, with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. Positive reviews praise the quick and efficient hiring process, while negative reviews highlight the high pricing.
Gun.io vs. Freelancer:
Both Gun.io and Freelancer are marketplaces for freelancers. Gun.io focuses on software developers, while Freelancers caters to a wide range of professions. Any candidate can apply to jobs posted on Freelancer, but Gun.io carefully vets each candidate to provide employers with only the best options for their projects.
Gun.io vs. Upwork:
Upwork features set job posting prices, as well as the freelancer's fee and a 3% admin fee. Gun.io's pricing is flexible and all-inclusive, with no additional fees. Employers can post vacancies for a range of industries on Upwork, whereas Gun.io focuses on software developers.
Gun.io vs. Dice:
Like Gun.io, Dice advertises a wide range of tech roles and gives employers access to a niche network of professionals. However, the former may be the better option for hiring freelancers. While Gun.io offers flexible pricing and pay-as-you-go packages, Dice charges $495.00 per post, making the latter the costlier choice.