Employers and job seekers use WordPress Jobs at no cost since it is officially affiliated to the open-source WordPress site where everyone can create a website, blog, or app for free.
WordPress Jobs helps Australian employers to recruit talent for creating or maintaining their WordPress website, blog, or app. As such, the site caters exclusively to WordPress developers, designers, writers, and more.
However, there is no dedicated Australian jobs page, so candidates may struggle to find vacancies for Australian locations. Employers cannot promote their job vacancies and WordPress Jobs does not share postings to other Australian job boards, which also means less visibility.
- Employers can remotely recruit global WordPress experts.
- Job postings are free, making the platform more affordable than local sites such as SEEK.
- Job posts are displayed for 21 days unless earlier removal is requested.
- Jobs are listed by category, making them easier to find.
- Employers directly receive applications via email.
- The platform lacks a dedicated Australian site.
- There is no location filter, so candidates may not see your vacancy.
- Job post moderation may delay job posting for up to 24 hours after submission.
- No candidate matching is available.
- No access to a resume database is provided.
- No candidate search filters are available.
- No candidate management tools or ATS integration are included.
- No employer brand promotion options exist.
- No high visibility posts or syndication of jobs to other job boards is offered.
How to Post a Job on WordPress Jobs:
Four easy steps for posting a job on WordPress Jobs.
Posting a Job on WordPress Jobs.
Navigate to the WordPress Jobs homepage.
From the WordPress Jobs home page, click on the "Post Job" button just to the right of center in the top bar.
Fill in the job posting information.
Complete the information form by entering your contact information, company information, and job details. Once complete, click on the "Submit Job" button on the bottom right of the page.
Review your job post.
Check your job post for accuracy, fill out the captcha field, and agree to the terms. Then click on the "Verify Job" button on the bottom right of the page.
Post your job.
Your posting will be moderated by WordPress before it gets posted to the site. Take note of your job token. You will need to use this to remove your job post.
WordPress Jobs vs. SEEK:
Unlike WordPress Jobs, SEEK is a general job board that caters solely to the Australian workforce. By contrast, WordPress Jobs focuses on tech jobs that use WordPress's open-source technology. While SEEK offers a resume database and applicant tracking, which WordPress Jobs lacks, it is more expensive with a starting price of A$225.00 per post.
WordPress Jobs vs. Codeable:
Like WordPress Jobs, Codeable caters exclusively to WordPress Developers. However, the site connects its customers to freelancers who can work on short-term projects and solve WordPress problems. Codeable uses candidate matching to suggest up to five experts, whereas WordPress Jobs is a simple job posting platform.
WordPress Jobs vs. Upwork:
Unlike WordPress, Upwork is a remote job board that connects employers with freelancers around the world. It offers free and paid posting plans. WordPress Jobs caters to WordPress Developers and allows employers to post their vacancies for free. While employers on WordPress Jobs must wait for applicants, Upwork uses AI to suggest freelancers.
What is WordPress Jobs?
WordPress Jobs is the official WordPress site's job board. It provides a platform for anyone needing assistance with the development of WordPress websites, blogs, or apps to connect with WordPress experts.
How much does it cost to use Wordpress Jobs?
It's free to post jobs on WordPress Jobs and WordPress experts also apply for jobs at no cost.
How do I remove a Wordpress Jobs job posting?
- Navigate to https://jobs.wordpress.net/.
- Click on "Remove Job" at the top.
- Enter the unique job token that you received upon submission of your job post in the empty field.
- To immediately remove your job post, click on "Remove".