Employers and job seekers use WordPress Jobs at no cost since it is officially affiliated with the open-source WordPress site where everyone can create a website, blog, or app for free.
WordPress Jobs helps Australian employers to recruit talent for creating or maintaining their WordPress website, blog, or app. As such, the site caters exclusively to WordPress developers, designers, writers, and more.
However, there is no dedicated Australian jobs page, so candidates may struggle to find vacancies for Australian locations. Employers cannot promote their job vacancies, and WordPress Jobs does not share postings to other Australian job boards, which also means less visibility.
- WordPress Jobs allows employers to post vacancies for free.
- The platform caters specifically to WordPress-related vacancies or projects.
- Employers can remotely recruit global WordPress experts full-time or part-time, or for a specific project.
- Jobs are listed by category, making them easier to find.
- Employers directly receive applications via email.
- Job ads are promoted on the platform's Facebook page.
- WordPress Jobs is more affordable than competitors, such as SEEK and Codeable.
- Job seekers can filter jobs by job type to easily connect with suitable employers.
- Job post moderation may delay job posting for up to 24 hours after submission.
- The platform lacks a resume database of candidates.
- No candidate management tools or ATS integration are included.
- WordPress Jobs lacks job board syndication and an applicant tracking system.
How to Post a Job on WordPress Jobs:
Three easy steps for posting a job on WordPress Jobs.
Posting a job on WordPress Jobs.
Navigate to the WordPress Jobs home page.
From the WordPress Jobs home page, click on "Post Job" in the top menu bar.
Create your job post.
Fill out the online form with your contact and company details. Scroll down and add some information about your vacancy. Once complete, click on "Submit Job" toward the bottom of the page.
Use Betterteam's job description template to help structure your job post.
Review your job post and post your vacancy.
Check your job post for accuracy. Once you're happy with your job ad, complete the CAPTCHA test, read through and agree to the terms, and click on "Verify Job" toward the bottom of the page.
You job post will be reviewed and posted to the job board within 24 hours.
WordPress Jobs vs. SEEK:
Unlike WordPress Jobs, SEEK is a general job board that caters solely to the Australian workforce. By contrast, WordPress Jobs focuses on tech jobs that use WordPress's open-source technology. While SEEK offers a resume database and applicant tracking, which WordPress Jobs lacks, it is more costly.
WordPress Jobs vs. Codeable:
Like WordPress Jobs, Codeable caters exclusively to WordPress Developers. However, the site connects its customers to freelancers who can work on short-term projects and solve WordPress problems. Codeable uses candidate matching to suggest up to five experts, whereas WordPress Jobs is a simple job posting platform.
WordPress Jobs vs. Upwork:
Unlike WordPress, Upwork is a remote job board that connects employers with freelancers around the world. It offers free and paid posting plans. WordPress Jobs caters to WordPress developers and allows employers to post their vacancies for free. While employers on WordPress Jobs must wait for applicants, Upwork uses AI to suggest freelancers.
What is WordPress Jobs?
WordPress Jobs is the official WordPress site's job board. It provides a platform for anyone needing assistance with the development of WordPress websites, blogs, or apps to connect with WordPress experts.
How much does it cost to use Wordpress Jobs?
It's free to post jobs on WordPress Jobs, and WordPress experts can also apply for jobs at no cost.
How do I remove a Wordpress Jobs job posting?
- Navigate to the WordPress Jobs home page.
- Click on "Remove Job" in the top menu bar.
- Enter the unique job token that you received upon submission of your job post in the empty field.
- To immediately remove your job post, click on "Remove".