*CareerBuilder also offers a "Pay As You Go" plan priced at US$425.00 per job post (one-off payment).
CareerBuilder offers comprehensive recruitment solutions that include job postings, social referral tools, an applicant tracking system, and employment screening solutions. Their services extend to Canada, Australia, Europe, and Asia.
Employers pay to list jobs, while job seekers apply for free. Employers benefit from an integrated recruiting platform and access to an extensive resume database. While the site offers compelling features, it does not have much of a presence in Australia and is more expensive than popular local job boards like CareerOne.
- The site has international reach across North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
- The resume database contains more than 140 million resumes and social profiles.
- The U.S.-based platform offers monthly or annual job posting package options.
- Jobs are visible to more than 20 million active job seekers with options to syndicate jobs to partners like Facebook.
- The AI-powered, centralized recruiting platform offers a convenient way to rate, sort, save, and comment on job applicants.
- Employers receive AI-matched candidate alerts via email or on the platform.
- CareerBuilder integrates with more than 70 applicant tracking systems (ATS).
- CareerBuilder features no dedicated website for Australia.
- There are no free plans or trials, although demos are available on request.
- All packages limit resume views to varying degrees.
- Only the more expensive plans offer employers the option to send targeted recruitment emails.
- CareerBuilder attracts far less traffic in Australia than local competitors SEEK and Workforce Australia.
- The site is costly compared to leading local alternatives — some of which, such as Jora and Workforce Australia, offer free postings.
CareerBuilder has a rating of 1.4 out of 5 stars on Sitejabber, based on more than 110 reviews. Several subscribers complained about receiving spam emails and calls, and some employers felt that they had paid a lot only to receive poor candidate matches.
On Quora, CareerBuilder receives mixed reviews, with some citing success and others claiming that it has lost its competitive edge.
How to Post a Job on CareerBuilder:
Four easy steps for posting a job on CareerBuilder.
Posting a job on CareerBuilder.
Go to CareerBuilder's website.
Navigate to the CareerBuilder home page.
Click on "Post a Job."
You'll find this option in the top right-hand corner of the home page screen.
Choose your package.
Click on "Post Jobs" in the top page menu, scroll down the page, and review the different posting plans. Select the option that best suits your needs.
Complete your order.
Review your order, sign in or fill in your company name, email, and payment details to create an account. Once you have completed the order, you can go on to create and post your job ad.
CareerBuilder vs. SEEK:
SEEK is one of the most popular job boards in Australia. Unlike CareerBuilder, it caters specifically to the Australian market and attracts far more local traffic than CareerBuilder's international jobs section.
CareerBuilder vs. Workforce Australia:
For local recruitment efforts, Workforce Australia, a free job board created by the Australian government to connect employers and job seekers across the country, is the more attractive choice. Unlike CareerBuilder, Workforce Australia also offers a range of resources specific to employers and job seekers in Australia.
CareerBuilder vs. LinkedIn:
CareerBuilder and LinkedIn differ in that CareerBuilder is a global recruitment service that features a job board, while LinkedIn is an international social network that includes job postings. CareerBuilder’s prices start at US$349.00 per month for a single job listing, whereas LinkedIn allows more budget control with a pay-per-click option.
Jan 01, 1995
200 N. La Salle St., Ste. 1100, Chicago, IL 60606 USA
News & Activity:
News or Activity
March 14, 2022
CareerBuilder Launches CoLab, A Transparent Resource for Job Seekers
January 18, 2022
What does CareerBuilder offer?
CareerBuilder offers employers specialized recruitment solutions. The site has global reach and a network of partner sites across North America, Europe, and Asia. While it does not have a country-specific website for Australia, it features an international jobs section where users can view job postings by country.
Is CareerBuilder any good?
CareerBuilder has great features, such as millions of unique job seekers, monthly and annual job posting packages, 140 million resumes and profiles in an accessible database, and an applicant tracking system. However, there aren't any free plans, the best features cost extra, and the site's reputation isn't the best these days.
Is CareerBuilder free?
No. CareerBuilder's packages start from US$349.00 per month. However, some plans include a free trial.
How much does CareerBuilder cost?
CareerBuilder's pricing starts at US$349.00 per month for a single job post. It offers no free plans, but employers can opt for annual packages at discounted rates.
Can I integrate CareerBuilder job posts with my own ATS?
Yes. You can integrate your applicant tracking system (ATS) with CareerBuilder to post jobs directly from your ATS, and it also allows you to receive applications directly in your ATS.
How do I delete my CareerBuilder account?
- Log in to your CareerBuilder account.
- Go to your profile.
- Go to "Related Settings."
- Click on "Remove Your Account."
How do I contact CareerBuilder?
To contact CareerBuilder, call [011 1 (877) 345-5256](tel: 01118773455256).