CareerBuilder also offers a "Build Your Own" plan starting at US$375.00 (one-off payment), with each additional job posting costing US$250.00.
CareerBuilder offers comprehensive recruitment solutions that include job postings, social referral tools, an applicant tracking system, and employment screening solutions. Their services extend to Canada, Australia, Europe, and Asia.
Employers pay to list jobs, while job seekers apply for free. Employers benefit from an integrated recruiting platform and access to an extensive resume database. While the site offers compelling features, it does not have much of a presence in Australia and is more expensive than popular local job boards like SEEK and CareerOne.
- The site has international reach across North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
- The resume database contains more than 140 million resumes and social profiles.
- The U.S.-based platform offers monthly or annual job posting package options.
- Jobs are visible to 20M+ active job seekers with options to syndicate jobs to partners like Facebook.
- The AI-powered, centralized recruiting platform offers a convenient way to rate, sort, save, and comment on job applicants.
- Employers receive AI-matched candidate alerts via email or on the platform.
- CareerBuilder integrates with more than 70 applicant tracking systems (ATS).
- CareerBuilder features no dedicated website for Australia.
- There are no free plans or trials, although demos are available on request.
- All packages limit resume views to varying degrees.
- Only the more expensive plans offer employers the option to send targeted recruitment emails.
- CareerBuilder attracts far less traffic in Australia than local competitors SEEK and jobactive.
- The platform is expensive compared to leading local alternatives — several of which, including Jora and jobactive, offer free postings.
CareerBuilder has a rating of 1.73 stars from 56 reviews on Sitejabber. Subscribers complain about receiving spam emails and calls, and some employers feel they paid a lot only to receive poor candidate matches. On Quora, CareerBuilder receives mixed reviews, with some citing success and others claiming that it has lost its competitive edge.
How to Post a Job on CareerBuilder:
Five easy steps for posting a job on CareerBuilder.
Posting a job on CareerBuilder.
Go to CareerBuilder's website.
Navigate to the CareerBuilder home page.
Go to the "For Employers" page.
Click on "For Employers" at the top of the screen.
Click on "Start by Posting a Job."
The "Start by Posting a Job" button is located in the center of the page.
Choose your package.
Scroll down and click on the package you wish to purchase.
Enter your payment details.
Sign in or fill in your company name, email, and payment details to create an account.
Follow the prompts to be redirected to a job posting form that you'll need to fill in. Don't forget to preview and submit your job posting.
CareerBuilder vs. SEEK:
SEEK is one of the most popular job boards in Australia. Despite being one of the more costly local job boards, it is still cheaper than CareerBuilder and offers better value if you're recruiting locally, as it caters specifically to the Australian market and attracts far more local traffic than CareerBuilder's international jobs section.
CareerBuilder vs. Jobactive:
Unless you're looking to attract international candidates, Jobactive, a free job board created by the Australian government to connect employers and job seekers across the country, is the more attractive choice. Unlike CareerBuilder, Jobactive also offers a range of resources specific to employers and job seekers in Australia.
CareerBuilder vs. LinkedIn:
CareerBuilder and LinkedIn differ in that CareerBuilder is a global recruitment service that features a job board, while LinkedIn is an international social network that includes job postings. CareerBuilder’s prices start at US$219.00 per month for a single job listing, whereas LinkedIn allows more budget control with a pay-per-click option.
News & Activity:
News or Activity
September 15, 2020
September 3, 2020
What is CareerBuilder?
CareerBuilder offers employers specialized recruitment solutions. The site has global reach and a network of partner sites across North America, Europe, and Asia. While it does not have a country-specific website for Australia, it features an international jobs section where users can view job postings by country.
Is CareerBuilder any good?
CareerBuilder has great features such as millions of unique job seekers, monthly or annual job posting package options, 140 million resumes and profiles in an accessible database, and an applicant tracking system. However, there aren't any free plans, the best features cost more, and the site's reputation isn't the best these days.
Is CareerBuilder free?
No. CareerBuilder's packages start from US$219.00 per month.
How much does CareerBuilder cost?
CareerBuilder's pricing starts at US$219.00 per month for a single job post. It offers no free plans, but employers can opt for annual packages at discounted rates.
Can I integrate CareerBuilder job posts with my own ATS?
Yes. You can integrate your applicant tracking system (ATS) with CareerBuilder to post jobs directly from your ATS and it also allows you to receive applications directly in your ATS.
How do I delete my CareerBuilder account?
- Log in to your CareerBuilder account.
- Go to your profile.
- Go to "Related Settings."
- Click "Remove Your Account."
How do I contact CareerBuilder?
To contact CareerBuilder, call 011 1 (877) 345–5256.