Candidate database access
Email and phone.
SoundBetter is a collaboration and networking platform that includes access to a niche job board designed to connect employers with experienced artists. This global platform is completely free for employers, providing quick access to a database of musicians, engineers, and songwriters keen to produce magic together.
That said, despite offering a targeted job board that's cost-effective and accessible, SoundBetter falls short in terms of features, with the site missing a resume database, candidate matching, and social media sharing — basic features included in some of its competitors' offerings.
- Employers can post jobs and projects on SoundBetter for free.
- The platform includes access to a database of industry professionals.
- Thanks to its targeted hiring approach, job ads are advertised before a niche market to speed up recruitment.
- Artists listed in SoundBetter's database have worked for reputable companies, such as TechCrunch and Universal Studios.
- Employers can call, message, or email SoundBetter's support services while working on projects.
- All content exchanged on the site is copyrighted and protected.
- Job ads include links to a brief profile to improve brand recognition.
- Employers can read through reviews or post reviews of content creators.
- Job ads include an audio recording to help potential artists understand the job better.
- The platform primarily runs as a collaboration and networking site for freelancers.
- The job board lacks applicant tracking, social media sharing, candidate matching, and job ad distribution.
- SoundBetter's database does not include access to artists' resumes.
- There are no sponsored posts or bulk job posting packages available.
- The website does not offer French translation.
We were unable to find online reviews of SoundBetter.
It's free to post a job ad on SoundBetter.
SoundBetter vs. Canadian Live Music Association Job Board:
While SoundBetter is a global platform that offers free job postings, the Canadian Live Music Association Job Board is for local employers and is only free to members, with nonmembers expected to pay C$75.00 per post. That said, between the two competitors, the Canadian Live Music Association job board offers better local exposure.
SoundBetter vs. Orchestras Canada Job Board:
Orchestras Canada Job Board's pricing starts at C$85.00 per post for members, while nonmembers are charged C$175.00 per post, making it more costly than SoundBetter, which is free and not membership-based. However, unlike SoundBetter, the Orchestras Canada job board has social media sharing and three-month post durations.
SoundBetter vs. Doors Open:
Doors Open's pricing is only available in pounds sterling and starts at £45.00 per post, making SoundBetter the budget-friendly option, thanks to its free plan. For the additional costs, Doors Open provides access to features missing from SoundBetter, including integration with applicant tracking systems (ATS).