The CLMA Job Board reaches a highly defined audience in Canada's live music industry but is rather feature-bare, lacking enhanced job listing options, resume searches, candidate management tools, and employer branding options. While CLMA members can post jobs for free, nonmembers are charged C$75.00 +HST per post.
- Nonmembers can post jobs for free.
- The platform reaches a targeted audience of professionals in Canada's live music industry.
- Jobs are shared on social channels.
- Job ads are categorized by region, making it easy for job seekers to find local opportunities.
- The website is available in English and French.
- There is no free job posting option for nonmembers.
- The site lacks an online dashboard for employers to manage job ads.
- There is no searchable resume database.
- The site does not offer job post upgrades, such as featured listings.
We were unable to find any online reviews of the CLMA Job Board.
Job Post (members)
Job Post (nonmembers)
CLMA Job Board vs. Orchestras Canada Job Board:
While the CLMA Job Board caters to the local live music industry, the Orchestras Canada job board targets the local orchestra sector. CLMA Job Board is more affordable with a free plan for members and C$75.00 +HST per post for nonmembers, whereas the Orchestras Canada job board charges members C$85.00 and nonmembers C$175.00 per post.
CLMA Job Board vs. WIMC Job Board:
While it is completely free to post jobs on the WIMC job board, the CLMA Job Board only allows its members to post jobs for free and charges nonmembers C$75.00 +HST per post. While costlier, the former may be better for employers interested in sourcing female and gender-diverse talent.
CLMA Job Board vs. MusicCareers:
Unlike the CLMA Job Board, MusicCareers offers featured listing options and includes job posts in its newsletter. While the CLMA Job Board is free for members and charges nonmembers C$75.00 +HST per post, MusicCareers' pricing starts at US$149.00 month. However, the latter allows free internship, volunteer, and freelance postings.
Canadian Live Music Association
Jan 01, 2014
450 Churchill Ave. N., Ottawa, ON K1Z 5E2