Candidate database access
Email and phone.
SoundBetter is a freelance marketplace that allows employers to link with skilled artists around the world. The platform is completely free for employers, providing easy access to a database of musicians, engineers, and songwriters keen to produce magic together.
That said, despite offering a targeted job board that's cost-effective and accessible, SoundBetter falls short in terms of features, with the site lacking applicant tracking, a resume database, and social media sharing — standard features included in some of its competitors' offerings.
- Employers can post jobs and projects on SoundBetter for free.
- The platform includes access to a database of industry professionals.
- Thanks to its targeted hiring approach, job ads are advertised before a niche market to speed up recruitment.
- Artists listed in SoundBetter's database have worked for reputable companies, such as TechCrunch and Universal Studios.
- Employers can call, message, or email SoundBetter's support services while working on projects.
- All content exchanged on the site is copyrighted and protected.
- Job ads include links to a brief profile to improve brand recognition.
- Employers can read through reviews or post reviews of content creators.
- Job ads include an audio recording to help potential artists understand the job better.
- The platform primarily runs as a collaboration and networking site for freelancers.
- The job board lacks applicant tracking, social media sharing, candidate matching, and job ad distribution.
- SoundBetter's database does not include access to artists' resumes.
- There are no sponsored posts or bulk job posting packages available.
We were unable to find online reviews of SoundBetter.
It's free to post a job ad on SoundBetter.
SoundBetter vs. Music Victoria Jobs:
Both SoundBetter and Music Victoria Jobs offer free job postings. However, while SoundBetter is an international platform, Music Victoria Jobs caters primarily to employers and musicians located in Victoria, providing employers with a more targeted approach to hiring local talent.
SoundBetter vs. MusicCareers:
MusicCareers' paid pricing starts at US$149.00 per post, but similar to SoundBetter, MusicCareers also offers a free package. That said, MusicCareers' free plan is quite limited, making its paid plan more appealing, as it includes tailored alerts and profile statistics, both missing from SoundBetter's offerings.
SoundBetter vs. Doors Open:
Doors Open's pricing, which is only available in pounds sterling, starts at £45.00 per post, making SoundBetter free plan the cost-friendly alternative. Despite being more costly, Doors Open provides access to features that SoundBetter lacks, including integration with applicant tracking systems (ATS).