Posting jobs on the ReliefWeb job board is a free service for the humanitarian community. You should be aware that any job opportunities posted on ReliefWeb must be relevant to sectors of humanitarian response.
ReliefWeb was created by the UN to provide the humanitarian sector with free resources and information, including a job portal. Humanitarian organizations in Canada can post job opportunities in French and English and the site is well-established and trusted.
Some of Canada's most respected humanitarian organizations such as the Canadian Red Cross, HPIC, and Cooperation Canada use the job board for hiring. However, local site WorkInNonProfits.ca has a greater presence in the country and will be better for hiring locally.
- ReliefWeb offers its services for free.
- Users can post jobs and training opportunities.
- Posts can be edited or deleted at any time.
- The job board is used by well-known and established organizations such as Cooperation Canada, Save the Children, and the Canadian Red Cross.
- ReliefWeb is more targeted than Indeed and Eluta.ca.
- The platform has quite a large following on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- ReliefWeb is limited to jobs that are relevant to humanitarian response sectors and that do not require any form of payment on the applicants' side.
- For local hires, Eluta.ca and WorkInNonProfits.ca are better options as they are more established in the job market there.
- The platform does not offer access to a resume database.
- ReliefWeb has no applicant tracking system features.
We were unable to find reviews of ReliefWeb, however, the platform has a significant presence across social media channels. ReliefWeb has almost 22,000 followers on LinkedIn, 102,500 followers on Facebook, and almost 114,000 followers on Twitter.
How to Post a Job on ReliefWeb:
Four easy steps for posting a job on ReliefWeb.
Posting a job on ReliefWeb.
Click "Log in/Register" on the home page.
You will find this in the top-right corner of the ReliefWeb home page.
If registering an account, simply enter a username and your email address and click "Sign up for ReliefWeb."
Open the email sent to you by ReliefWeb.
Follow the link in the email.
Create a password.
Click on "My Account" to view your dashboard.
Go to the top right-hand corner of the page and click "My Account."
Click on "Post a job vacancy."
You'll see this on the right side of your dashboard.
Fill in the submission form.
The job vacancy form requires information on your organization, as well as your job location, dates, details, and description. Once you have completed the form, you can preview your job ad, save a draft, or simply click "Submit" to post your job for free.
ReliefWeb vs. Indeed:
ReliefWeb is free and targeted at professionals who are passionate about humanitarian organizations, so there is a clear advantage to using it over Indeed. However, Indeed offers the advantages of a greater reach, resume search functions, and more. Indeed is already being used by CARE Canada, the Red Cross, and the U.N.
ReliefWeb vs. Eluta.ca:
Eluta.ca is a great option for hiring local professionals in the humanitarian sector because it has a wide reach, is affordable, and is convenient. Eluta.ca automatically shares vacancies posted on company career pages. ReliefWeb is well-established and trusted. It is also free, but won't reach as many people.
ReliefWeb vs. WorkInNonProfits.ca:
Whereas ReliefWeb is a great option for reaching a global community, WorkInNonProfits.ca is better for reaching local professionals in the humanitarian and related sectors. Job posts can be listed for free in English and French and the platform uses social media to further promote vacancies.
What is ReliefWeb?
ReliefWeb is a website that provides humanitarian information on global crises and disasters. It also provides job listings and training programs.
What does it cost to post a job on ReliefWeb?
Posting jobs and training opportunities on ReliefWeb is a free service for the humanitarian community. Job opportunities posted on ReliefWeb must be relevant to sectors of humanitarian response.
How do I create an account on ReliefWeb?
- Go to the ReliefWeb website.
- Click on the "Log in/Register" option in the top-right corner.
- Submit your details to sign up.
How do I delete a job post on ReliefWeb?
- Log in to your Reliefweb account.
- Select “My account.”
- Click on “View Your Posts.”
- Find the job you want to delete, select "Edit," then scroll down and select "Close Job."