Posting jobs on the ReliefWeb job board is a free service for the humanitarian community. You should be aware that any job opportunities posted on ReliefWeb must be relevant to sectors of humanitarian response.
ReliefWeb is a highly trustworthy site created by the UN that provides a free service for the humanitarian sector, as well as additional resources and information. On ReliefWeb's job portal, humanitarian organizations can post job opportunities that are relevant to humanitarian response sectors.
- ReliefWeb offers its job posting services for free.
- Users can post jobs and training opportunities.
- Posts can be edited or deleted at any time.
- The platform reaches a targeted group of passionate professionals in the humanitarian sector.
- ReliefWeb has quite a large following on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- ReliefWeb is limited to jobs that are relevant to humanitarian response sectors and that do not require any form of payment on the applicants' side.
- The platform does not offer access to a resume database.
- ReliefWeb has no applicant tracking system features.
We were unable to find reviews of ReliefWeb, however, the platform has a significant presence across social media channels. ReliefWeb has almost 22,000 followers on LinkedIn, 102,500 followers on Facebook, and almost 114,000 followers on Twitter.
How to Post a Job on ReliefWeb:
Four easy steps for posting a job on ReliefWeb.
Posting a job on ReliefWeb.
Click "Log in/Register" on the home page.
You will find this in the top-right corner of the ReliefWeb home page.
If registering an account, simply enter a username and your email address and click "Sign up for ReliefWeb."
Open the email sent to you by ReliefWeb.
Follow the link in the email.
Create a password.
Click on "My Account" to view your dashboard.
Go to the top right-hand corner of the page and click "My Account."
Click on "Post a job vacancy."
You'll see this on the right side of your dashboard.
Fill in the submission form.
The job vacancy form requires information on your organization, as well as your job location, dates, details, and description. Once you have completed the form, you can preview your job ad, save a draft, or simply click "Submit" to post your job for free.
ReliefWeb vs. Indeed:
ReliefWeb is both free and targeted at professionals who are passionate about humanitarian organizations, so there is a clear advantage to using it over Indeed. However, Indeed offers the advantages of a greater reach, resume search functions, and more.
ReliefWeb vs. LinkedIn:
Although ReliefWeb does not offer a candidate database or applicant tracking tools, it has the advantage of catering to a niche market of passionate professionals. If you want access to a larger candidate pool and better features like lead management and resume searching, then choose LinkedIn.
ReliefWeb vs. Google for Jobs:
Both ReliefWeb and Google for Jobs offer free job postins, so you'll want to use both platforms. ReliefWeb offers a direct route to professionals who are passionate about humanitarian causes, but making your posting available to Google for Jobs will increase your reach at no cost.
What is ReliefWeb?
ReliefWeb is a website that provides humanitarian information on global crises and disasters. It also provides job listings and training programs.
What does it cost to post a job on ReliefWeb?
It is free to post jobs and training opportunities on ReliefWeb. Only opportunities relating to sectors of humanitarian response are accepted on the platform.
How do I create an account on ReliefWeb?
- Go to the ReliefWeb website.
- Click on the "Log in/Register" option in the top-right corner.
- Submit your details to sign up.
How do I delete a job post on ReliefWeb?
- Log in to your ReliefWeb account.
- Select “My account.”
- Click on “View Your Posts.”
- Find the job you want to delete, select "Edit," then scroll down and select "Close Job."