Posting jobs on the ReliefWeb job board is a free service for the humanitarian community. You should be aware that any job opportunities posted on ReliefWeb must be relevant to sectors of humanitarian response.
ReliefWeb is a trusted site that provides a range of free services and resources for the humanitarian sector, including a job board. On ReliefWeb's job portal, humanitarian organizations in the U.K. can post job opportunities that are relevant to humanitarian response sectors.
Some of the U.K.'s most respected humanitarian organizations use the job board for hiring. These include Oxfam GB, Save the Children, British Red Cross, and Comic Relief.
- ReliefWeb offers its services for free.
- Users can post both jobs and training opportunities.
- Posts can be edited or deleted at any time.
- The job board is used by well-known and established organizations such as Oxfam GB, the Red Cross, and Comic Relief.
- ReliefWeb is more targeted than Indeed, reed.co.uk, and CV-Jobs.
- ReliefWeb has quite a large following on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- ReliefWeb is limited to jobs that are relevant to humanitarian response sectors and that do not require any form of payment on the applicants' side.
- For local hires, reed.co.uk and CV-Library are better options because they are more established in the job marketplace.
- The platform does not offer access to a resume database.
- ReliefWeb has no applicant tracking system features.
We were unable to find reviews of ReliefWeb, however, the platform has a significant presence across social media channels. ReliefWeb has almost 22,000 followers on LinkedIn, 102,500 followers on Facebook, and almost 114,000 followers on Twitter.
How to Post a Job on ReliefWeb:
Four easy steps for posting a job on ReliefWeb.
Posting a job on ReliefWeb.
Click "Log in/Register" on the home page.
You will find this in the top-right corner of the ReliefWeb home page.
If registering an account, simply enter a username and your email address and click "Sign up for ReliefWeb."
Open the email sent to you by ReliefWeb.
Follow the link in the email.
Create a password.
Click on "My Account" to view your dashboard.
Go to the top right-hand corner of the page and click "My Account."
Click on "Post a job vacancy."
You'll see this on the right side of your dashboard.
Fill in the submission form.
The job vacancy form requires information on your organization, as well as your job location, dates, details, and description. Once you have completed the form, you can preview your job ad, save a draft, or simply click "Submit" to post your job for free.
ReliefWeb vs. Indeed:
ReliefWeb is both free and targeted at professionals who are passionate about humanitarian organizations, so there is a clear advantage to using it over Indeed. However, Indeed offers the advantages of a greater reach, resume search functions, and more. Indeed is used by Mercy Corps, Red Cross, and World Vision International.
ReliefWeb vs. reed.co.uk:
A premium job post on reed.co.uk costs £150.00, which is more than ReliefWeb, which is free. The fact that it is so popular in the U.K. makes reed.co.uk a good alternative for hiring locally. However, ReliefWeb is more targeted towards the humanitarian community and is well-known. It can't hurt to use both.
ReliefWeb vs. CV-Library:
CV-Library is less targeted than ReliefWeb, but it is very popular and offers employers access to a massive resume databaseReliefWeb is more targeted and its job posts are free, but it has no resume database or applicant tracking system.
What is ReliefWeb?
ReliefWeb is a website that provides humanitarian information on global crises and disasters. It also provides job listings and training programs.
What does it cost to post a job on ReliefWeb?
It is free to post jobs and training opportunities on ReliefWeb. Only opportunities relating to sectors of humanitarian response are accepted on the platform.
How do I create an account on ReliefWeb?
- Go to the ReliefWeb website.
- Click on the "Log in/Register" option in the top-right corner.
- Submit your details to sign up.
How do I delete a job post on ReliefWeb?
- Log in to your ReliefWeb account.
- Select “My account.”
- Click on “View Your Posts.”
- Find the job you want to delete, select "Edit," then scroll down and select "Close Job."